Mavic pro 2 videos cut to 4mins 50 secs?

Just noticed that when i downloaded my latest footage,my 16 min video has been chopped into 4:50 segments?
why is this?is it normal or do i have a problem with my bird? did not do this on my mavic platinum!:thinking::neutral_face:

Iā€™ve noticed that too must be to help buffers rather than one large file
I havea Mavic 1 :weary:

Is each file 4GB in size?

FAT32 formatted card?

1 Like

Not unusual. Are the largest files all 4GB? Thatā€™s often the case.
Itā€™s a ā€œfile structureā€ thing on FAT32, I think?
(May be wrong - but thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been told.)

I know with mine, editing doesnā€™t seem to lose a single frame when abutted in the editor.

Great minds :wink:

It was this thread that reminded me of the 4GB weirdness!

:+1:

1 Like

Good point,just checked and file size is 3.5 GB also card is formatted as FAT 32.Will reformat as NTFS and see if this makes a difference. As an aside ,what does the mavic format the card as?:thinking:

WHoooa!!! NO!!!

ALWAYS FORMAT IN THE DRONE!!!

It wonā€™t play ball with it being formatted any other format and often not when formatted FAT32 in other devices!

1 Like

Cheers @OzoneVibe good advice,i have always formatted my cards on the pc after i have saved the footage,lesson learnt ,BTW what does the drone format the card as? :thinking:

FAT32 :+1:

At least - the MP does. Canā€™t imagine theyā€™ve changed to anything else on the M2P - itā€™s the best for cross-platform use.

1 Like

So good advice,i will format IN the drone,and see if it makes any difference,cheers will let you know after my next flight.:+1::+1:

2 Likes

I guess you are shooting 4K. If you were shooting HD, you would get 15 minutes plus. My 'Pro does the same, and like Ozone Vibe, I never lose a frame when editing them together. Better than my old JVC camcorder which used to lose a second.

The resolution is part of it, the compression level is the other.
4k on the M2P can push 100Mbs!

I thought 32GB (or smaller) cards were formatted as FAT32 and higher capacity cards were formatted as exFAT?

Either way, DJI donā€™t then take advantage of exFAT and still split the files at 4GB.

Iā€™m not sure if this is a firmware issue or an app issue. Testing with Litchi would confirm / answer that question I guess.

Ooops! Yup - exFAT! #MyBad!

If I think of it, Iā€™ll try the Litchi test next time.

Iā€™m curious now if this is an app ā€˜thingā€™ or a bird/firmware thing :thinking:

thatā€™s right , its the filesystem on the mavic 2 pro and moist likely others

this site makes it clear
http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm