My first crash...can it be caused by the cree lights?

They were both at equal distance to the sensor, tho one strobe was turned around so the light source was possibly slightly nearer, I realised when I tried to turn them on because the switches were in different places, ie one was nearer the motor the other nearer the body of the drone, hence the actual light would have been slightly nearer. Amazed that it made that much difference, but it seems to be the issue causing the crash. Oddly enough over on the USA forum, a guy has had exactly the same problem, except his crash did more damage, so I consider myself lucky. We live and learn.

2 Likes

Had a good afternoon flying, light winds and no issues, in fact I flew her the furthest I’ve ever flown away from me, she was just a dot in the sky, and I had no concerns with the way she flew, I felt fully confident in her.
I stuck the cree on the underside, instead of on the front legs, tho with it being broad daylight I suspect they wouldn’t have caused any issues.
Love the hyper lapse.

1 Like

Interesting discussion this. :+1:t2:

1 Like

EWell I think I finally got to the bottom of it…I managed to replay the stick inputs from airdata, now I know my way around it and can read the data. I did have an unsolicited manoeuvre, to the left, round and back (possibly as a result of the cree flashes), to the aircraft at about 44.4 seconds for 1.5 seconds which after that
It would seem that my right stick had been pushed fully in reverse for 1.4 seconds, maybe in an attempt to gain some control or my thumb caught it as I spun round wondering where it was flying.
Either way, the rest of the flight backwards was initiated by me from the controller at 45.9 seconds to 47.3 seconds, with an attempt to lower the height, then I initiated CSC at 47.7 seconds to when it landed at 51 seconds. Sooo

it looks like pilot error on top of the initial unsolicited manoeuvre the craft made, See image of my stick position at 45.9 seconds, in particular the right one, as we see it is fully back.
I think I fully deserve the ‘Rodney Trotter’ aka Plonker badge.

1 Like

Your in good company if you do :wink:

1 Like

If there’s a positive, it’s that she was un-damaged apart from a broken prop and I’m on a great learning curve reading the air data.

Could have happened to any of us Brian, at least you found out.

1 Like

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago with @mickydd when both our drones did do what we told them luckily micks inspire landed better than my MP did so just lost a prop