New DJI Smart Controller

Do you have automatic brightness turned on? When outdoor in bright conditions if it’s switched on you will be able to get max screen brightness.

my phone is set to auto brightness but I do manually max out the brightness level as auto seems to up it to a point but not all the way.

As Callum says - often max brightness with auto turned off can be brighter than max brightness with auto turned on. Worth checking.

I certainly will when next out. :+1:

Cheers you two!

2 Likes

Well someone’s is not happy with DJI!!!

1 Like

Sunshade might be the cheapest thing to try.

I have a dedicated android phone for my screen. Having a spare phone as a dedicated screen is also cheaper than that controller.

It doesn’t help when they’re spouting this even this morning from their twitter account (allbeit their forum account)

They don’t seem be getting their act together atm with the info they’re putting out there. Not great tbh.

1 Like

Hi,

I am pretty happy with mine, my concern was keeping it safe. I have the case from the fly more kit but if you put the smart controller in there, you lose battery space and have to sort out a location for your batteries.

So, I amazoned away and found this…

Now I had to cut away some internal netting and elastic, this is originally a case for a tom tom sat nav so its not quite made to measure but I reckon adding a microfibre cloth into the lid will make it as good as anything. Certainly until the 3rd party makers come up with something better. I just wanted to have somewhere safe to store mine.

Hope this is of interest. By the way, the case cost less than £10.

cheers

G.

3 Likes

Looks fine to me :+1:

Its a shame the fly more bag wasnt just a wee bit more accommodating but that case above looks a good ‘fix’

A post was merged into an existing topic: DJI Smart Controller - Early Pre-Flight Thoughts

is this controller worth it ? as was looking to get a tablet to use with the MA2 but think this is more practicle but just getting mixed messages from YouTube videos with signal strength disconnects and weather its a good purchase or not

I started out with my iphone, then my ipad but hated that on bright days I struggled to see the screen. I bought the smart controller and love it, the screen is superb and can be seen on bright sunny days. I also love the fact I can have my M2P in the air within a couple of minutes. It used to take ages to get in the air, messing about with cables, tablet holders etc. I for one couldn’t go back to using a phone or tablet and think the smart controller is money well spent. I’ve never had any disconnects.

thankyou for the heads up just seems to be a lack of new relevant videos out there and the ones thats out these have mixed reviews think my minds made up just need to tackle the misses lol which is a mission in its self

1 Like

As above really.

Used to use my galaxy phone. Big bright screen was pretty good but the SC is so much more convenient. Less faff allround and I like the fact that my phone is free to use should I need to.

Load it up with your apps and youre good to go quickly.

Although i tend to only have the apps I need to fly with on the SC you can use it too quite like an android tablet.

Big :+1: from me.

PS Good luck with the misses :grin:

1 Like