New Drone rules

Sorry, I’ve not been paying attention as neither of my drones have been out of their bags for 6 months for mainly Covid related reasons.

I think I understand these new regs, apart from what happens in 2023 and the need for more advances tests

I’m a registered flyer with a new operator ID. As I understand it my Mavic Pro (1) can still be flown as before - including not within 50m of anyone not under my control or within 150m of residential, recreational, Comercial Industrial area?

My Mavic Mini (1) withough guards is less restricted, I can fly over people (but not crowds) and over the areas restircted for the Pro, but must do so safely.

I don’t need to do any additional training.

Assuming that I’ve undestood that, it frees up my Mini to be more useful - I need not land my drone if a dog walker comes my way. for example

However, in 2023 the rules for drones without CE marks change - the mini will stay the same but the Mavic Pro will be kicked up a class.

Have I got this right? I’ve just found a DJI statement that has the Mavic Pro in both A2 and A3!

I’ll probaly hang on to both drones, but only if I undestand the rules! I was thinking of getting a MM2 at some point, but are these being sold with the required CE mark now?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Drone and Model Aircraft Code: updated for 2021