New drone user - Weston Super Mare

Good afternoon all in new to the site so still finding my way around I’m new to flying drones I have a maverick pro is there anyone that can give me any advice I’m in Weston super mare

3 Likes

Hi @Steve126 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Is that your usual location - or just visiting?

Welcome @Steve126

That’s my location

Updated the topic title to reflect that. Members local to you are more likely to come and say “Hi!”. :+1:

1 Like

How do I do that sorry I’m new to this

There’s a time limit for editing thread titles and post.

No probs, though … you’ll get used to things.

There’s a quite few members in your neck of the wood - I’m sure some will introduce themselves soon.

Welcome Steve from the Black Country.
A bunch of us were flying on Brean beach last Saturday, beautiful sunshine, terrible wind!

1 Like

Awesome when are you back down this neck of the wood ?

1 Like

How do I add myself to the map

Dunno mate,but you’ll hear about it on here, was a 290 mile round trip for me!

This link gives you the instrunctions : Members' Location Map - A Guide

Welcome Steve, I’m just down the road at junction 24 :+1: anytime you need a wingman just shout.

Yours

Tom Cruise 🫡

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan what drone have you got ? Is there any good places to fly close by?

1 Like

I’m currently flying the Air 2S & Mini 2 both great drones. :+1:

Brean is my go too for fun flights and is perfect for practice as well as local fields. With confidence there are many fantastic places around us. Glastonbury, Clifton, Severn Bridges.

Many of which are marked on DroneScene

Drone scene will also let you know if it’s legal to fly too.
Within drone scene you will find the app Good2Go. Both amazing tools created by the owners of this very site.
Just plug in a location, what your flying and your intentions and whallah, it’ll give you a yes or no. :+1:

Welcome :slight_smile:

Another J24 flyer…

We were all up your way in Brean last week flying.

When we organise another flying day locally you will be more than welcome.

Feel free to join the @group-southwest group. You can join by going to this page.

Awesome when are you free brean sound good would be good to get a bit of practice I’ve got the maverick pro just getting to grips with it mate how do you get that app?

The weather looks to be going down hill after Tuesday but, if it stays dry for the weekend we can sort something out. I would suggest tomorrow but I think my wife and children would hang me. :joy:

Unfortunately it’s not an app like you’d find in the App Store, it’s a website. Shortcuts can be made and saved to your Home Screen on your device though to make life easier. What do you use? Apple or Android?

Lol I think she would mate I’m an apple users do you have the link you could send me

1 Like