New flier - Sale, Cheshire

Hi all. Drone noob here based in Sale M33, with a Mavic 2 Zoom. Very much at the learning stage, other than a very brief test flight, I’ve only flown twice so far, once in Turn Moss, Stretford, and once in Warrington. Very keen to hear about good locations within an hour’s drive, and to meet up with locals to learn how to use this thing better!

2 Likes

Welcome to da club!

A great place with even greater folk to help you keep airborne !! :ok_hand::grin:

1 Like

Welcome can’t go wrong with this forum full of tips, advice and nutters :+1:

1 Like

I’ll stick up a photo or two when I’m on my home PC.

1 Like

Hi , I have you know,I am not a nutter, I just have some mental health issues.al the rest are nutters? Lol’s

2 Likes

Welcome :wave:

1 Like

Hi @kvetner and welcome to Grey Arrows!

In a former life (1999-2001) I lived in Sale, now over in sunny Wigan :smiley:

Have you seen our Places to Fly map?

Ho @kvetner welcome to the madhouse
I see some of the inmates have already introduced themselves (they do come out of the woodwork sometimes)
I live over in bolton and always up for a meet give us a shout when your free

Jeff

Hi @kvetner, and welcome to our little home on the “tinternet” as Jeff has said, get out and about and meet up with our members in your area.
It always great experience flying with others who can pass on hints and tips.

Hi kvetner,
Welcome!

I recently met with a experienced club member and it was worth its weight in gold. Soooo helpful!

Do meet up with someone if you can.
It’s really worth it.

I didn’t know, but there is a private message board where you can exchange personal info. Where to meet, mobile numbers etc. That is not open to other members/public.

Enjoy!

Hi there.
I live in Sale and am looking to get into flying and could really do with some advice.
Are you still in the sport and flying?

Hi @badgood what sort of drone flying are you looking to do?

1 Like

I really like landscapes especially, not that there are many places around the Sale area.
Possibly start at the Waterpark for experience and then go further afield.
Still mulling over which drone to buy.
Would really like DJI Air 2 but put off by the price and may get Mini 2
What are your thoughts?

I used to rent a place in Sale waayyyy back in 2000. Wasn’t there long, three months or so, it was horrendously expensive :blush:

Two threads to have read of @badgood which will have everyones thoughts on that exact question:

Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Mini

And:

First drone Mini 2 or Mavic Air 2?

Welcome to Grey Arrows :smiley:

@badgood Several suitable flying sites in the Sale area are shown on the Dronescene website.

@Dvdjo is a local flyer with a Mavic Air 2 so could comment on that better than I could.

1 Like

Hi @badgood, yes I live in Timperley. I’m very happy with the MA2 but after the rule changes last month,I would seriously think about a Mini 2 if buying today. All depends on the type of flying you want to do and, as you can see above, @PingSpike has pointed you to some good discussions.

1 Like