New member - Dumfries

Hi.
My name is Andy, I’m retired, live in Dumfries, and have a touring caravan currently sited near Stirling. I own a DJI Mini 2 flymore with additional hard case. I have resin and filament 3D printers and I’m also building a model railway (helps keep me out of the house) I mainly use my drone for still photos but I have also taken a few videos, but my editing skills are limited. eg none. I’m trying to take horizontal panoramas as opposed to the curved one the drone does automatically.

3 Likes

Hi @Smogmonster and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome to the club Andy :+1:

Hi Andy @Smogmonster and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi @Smogmonster, welcome to GADC, enjoy

Hi Andy, welcome to Grey Arrows, hope you enjoy it as much as we do :slight_smile:

Hi Andy and welcome to GADC.

Best way to shoot panos and avoid curves is to take the photos manually and overlap each image by about 30-35% then stitch them together using Lightroom.

1 Like

Hi Drumsagard

Thanks for the welcome and advice on panoramas.
I’ve tried that several times using the free versions of different apps/programs. On nearly every overlap, no matter how close I’ve lined them up they all get twisted. I was going to purchase the app/program that worked but no luck so far. The attached pic is the best so far but still a lot of dodgy sticking. There are 6 or 7 photos making up this pano.

Regards
Smogmonster.

Hi Mikeboro.

Im originally from Boro. I used to live in Acklam before moving to Guisborough and now Dumfries through my wifes job.

Regards
Andy

Welcome to the club Smogmonster. The mini2 can take half decent pano shots, without curves. Are you using the right setting to take your shots? Kolor Autopano Giga 4.4 does a pretty good job and is free from their site and you can also find it HERE

1 Like

care to upload the individual pics in here? Or use We Transfer and send us the link.

I can vouch for Autopano Giga, here is one from my Mini 2 taken on the 30th March and stitched using Giga. All using auto features except for the crop, which I tweaked slightly.

Hi Guys.
Thank you for all your replies.
I’m currently staying in my caravan near Stirling so I should have enough time to play and check out Autopano Giga. I’ll keep you informed of my progress.

1 Like

I’ve only ever used Adobe Lightroom for editing and creating panos, so can’t comment on other apps. One thing you do have to do is leave more space when framing as you do lose a good bit when they are being lined up.

I have agree to that Lightroom does a very good job too, but alas it is not free. Unless of course you have a parrot on the shoulder, a wooden leg, and say “aarrrggghhhh” a lot.

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Guys

Thanks again for your input. Autopano Giga has done a fantastic job on my panorama. I can’t see any of the joins at all. No double images, dark areas at the join, no blurred areas either and done on 1st attempt. Highly recommended. I’d post a pic but its still on my laptop.

Andy

3 Likes