New member from the West Midlands

Hello all. New member here from Coventry. I have my first drone (Spark) and hopefully will get some good advise from here. I used to fly RC aircraft so not new to to the RC thing just new to something a lot more hitech.

3 Likes

Hiya! It’s good to have a fellow new member :+1:
Good bunch on here.

Hi Mark welcome
Don’t be afraid to ask any question we don’t bite…Honest

Hello and welcome.

Welcome :+1:

Hi Mark / @Markb1604 , and welcome to GADC.

Several other members have the Spark, too - so you’re in good company, and plenty of user experience to draw on if ever you need to ask for help with anything.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi that may also have ideas on locations.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Hi @Markb1604 and welcome to Grey Arrows mate :+1:t2:

Hi and welcome.

Well that’s the maiden voyage done. All went well. But having watched the footage realise a lot more to learn

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WGGsSFYTDVukVXDx8

3 Likes

Mark my first flight was over water if it was going to sink …then so be it

Anyway it’s about finding the controls that best suits you and you get used to, took me a while to sort the setting out I was turning the drone to fast (still do sometimes) and am still learning
Good first flight and no crashes (unless you edited it out)

1 Like

That was the video the app made on its own. No crashes. Hopefully stays that way

1 Like

Hi and welcome. Certainly a helpful bunch on here! I used to fly RC too, you’ll find the drone a lot ‘easier’ in many ways but I reckon you’ll find that old experience taught you skills that are very relevant.