New member Lancashire

Hi
Just joined the group bought my first drone DJI Mini 2 never flown a drone before so a little worried about flying for the 1st time as i don’t know anyone local to help me with my 1st take off i will be nervous i keep watching YouTube videos so will try when the weather gets better

Hi @VMAXASH and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi David

You’ll be fine, the mini 2 is quite an easy flier. Get your operator ID sorted and have a read through https://register-drones.caa.co.uk

Make sure your firmware is all up to date at home and before your first flight.

Then, find a big, wide open space and get used to operating it.

1 Like

Hi David

No need to be nervous - if you feel things are getting away from you just let go of the sticks and the Mini 2 will generally sort itself out and just come to a hover

1 Like

Thank you all for your welcome and advice will look thorough the past post
David
vmaxash

1 Like

@VMAXASH Hi David welcome I have a mini 2 you will have fun flying nothing to be frightened about take it slow then you will be fine,

I live in colne Lancashire near Burnley will be away nest week at Silverstone for the motogp but if anyone local would like to go and show me then could meet up one weekend weather permitting

Hi David - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Welcome David to GADC :clap: :clap:

Welcome @VMAXASH