New member! - Nottingham area

Hi all, I’ve never been in a group like this firstly I guess am trying to find out who is out flying drones in the Nottingham area? I have a mavic 2 pro but I really struggle with where to fly can anybody help maybe share your favourite spots to fly?
Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Welcome :smile:

Hello @Welly80 and Welcone to GADC.

To answer your question, check out the clubs very own Drone Scene

Has loads of great places to fly all over the uk added by drone pilots like yourself. It also displays all the air space restrictions.

Stick to the drone code and happy flying :ok_hand:t2: :grin:

3 Likes

Looks like a good place to start ;o)

3 Likes

Welcome @Welly80!

I’m also from Nottinghamshire and have found many a spot in the local area since starting just this summer. (The above link is my own ;D)

As mentioned above, the DroneScene map is an excellent tool and you’re find quite a few fantastic locations in the area.

A personal favourite flying spot is Bennerley Viaduct, just down the road from the IKEA.

If you have any questions then feel free to drop me a message!

3 Likes

Hello there.

Hi @Welly80 and welcome to GADC.

Hi I’m from Nottingham, I fly Bennerley viaduct quite a bit. Mill lakes bestwood village

Need any help give us a shout

1 Like

Hello Welly80 and welcome.

Also from Nottingham and a new drone pilot, so still a bit sketchy on where I can and can’t fly. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn’t have got into this hobby. Bennerley Viaduct is not far from me so I’m planning to pay it a visit at some point with my Mavic Mini.

Byelaws prevent the flying of aircraft at Gedling Country Park. :cry:

2. (1) No person shall in the ground release any power-driven model aircraft for flight or control the flight of such an aircraft.
(2) No person shall cause any power-driven model aircraft to take off or land in the ground.

Cant stop you flying over, take from nearby problem solved

2 Likes

Try the top of Newstead and Annesley country park, you get a good view being higher up, when I lived near there I never had any problems.

1 Like