New Mini 2 Pilot from West Yorkshire

Hi All,
My name is Mark and I recently picked up and had my first flight with the DJI Mini 2. Other than doing a very quick flight at castle hill (huddersfiled) yesterday, I am itching to get back out and do some flying. Looking for some great places for beginners to get some more confidence ready for a week break I am taking with my partner in about a months time and would love to get some shots whilst out and about!

8 Likes

Hi @Marb0bs and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

Where To Fly Your Drone in the UK

Find places to fly your Drone (UAV) in the UK and share your favourite flying locations with other hobbyists pilots.

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

3 Likes

Welcome Mark yeah the mini 2 is really fun and easy to just pack and go. Im always just nipping out for a quick fly now.

Hi there

Hi Neil,
You are not wrong! I did a couple more flights before the rain yesterday and was feeling a little more ambitious. Still want to keep the drone closer to me but getting braver at height.
Did have one time where didn’t have LOS for about a min, but the RTH feature really came into its own!

Welcome to the group, i’m in Leeds :fist:

I did a flight at castle hill ages ago, good place but wish i had my thermals on lol.
Try tempsie early evening :wink:

Hi Mark, welcome to GADC