New to drones and need some help - North Wales nr Colwyn Bay

Hi I live in North Wales near Colwyn Bay. I have just purchased a DJI Mini 3 Pro and am having massive problems in getting some of it set up. I have downloaded the manual but finding that the answers are not there covering the subjects or I’m looking in the wrong place. I would like to meet up with someone from this area who could just set me on the right road,

Hi @DRAGON and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

I’m sure someone with better knowledge of the Mini 3 Pro than myself will be along to offer assistance.

In the mean time …

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! You can find all the details about our Membership Benefits on our FAQ :smiley:

Welcome once again!

Hi Tony - welcome to GADC from down the road in Swansea :+1: :+1: :+1:

Maybe if you could explain some of the problems we may be able to get you started :+1:

1 Like

Hi there, I am having problems viewing the video files that I have captured on the drone unit SD card. I have removed the SD card from the drone with the drone switched off, putting into a card reader plugged into my PC. But the SD card is not being recognised by the PC. It is exactly the same if I remove the card from the controller it is not recognised. The one in the drone was set up and formatted within it.

What PC is it, Windows 10/11 or Mac?

It sounds like you haven’t stopped the recording when you’ve landed. If you don’t stop the recording, you won’t be able to read the files.
Put the sd card back in the drone, switch it on as if you’re going to fly, then press the record button on the screen to stop recording. You should be able to remove the sd card and read the files after that.
Always stop the recording when you land.

I made several recordings and I’m sure I did on some of them stop the rec and the icon went full red. The thing is my PC will not even see the SD disk like its been corrupted but when I put it back in the drone the files are there and you can record on it straight away. Does the drone format the SD card that iyou cant read it from a windows 10 pc

Windows 10

It maybe your card reader

Try this, leave the card in the drone

Please switch it on and when you hear the start-up tones connect the drone to the PC with the USB cable supplied

You should see a new drive in file explorer with the video’s in

Many Thanks for that information, I was not waiting for it to fully start up. I’m now able to see the files on the PC. If you make a long video is there anyway of downloading it from the SD card in the Drone. The drone shuts down after a short while sain in the controller it’s too hot. I’m kee o learn how to use it but at 78 it’s a bit of a struggle. I’m fine with a PC but this is all new to me (lol)

1 Like

The best way is to remove the card and put it in a card reader on the PC, but you had issues doing this

What card reader are you using?

I have tried several card readers 'Sandisk; which is the same as the SD card . It just seems that when I do it using the card from the Drone it will not show it as present, I have used the same card readers to read other SD cards and they all show up i the device list and can be read. It just seems the cards that hold the files from the drone that wont load or the SD card be shown as present. I’m using Windows 10 and all the updates I think have been applied.

The card must be fine as you can read it when its in the drone and connected by the USB cable

Try it on another computer if you can, is the card reader internal and are you using the SD adaptor that came with the card

I have used one like in the pic yu sent and put that in a seperate USB reader and a small USB plug in reader like a mem stick that you put the SD card in the end of it. Neither seem to read the card. I have checked the windows drivers for the card reader storage and they seem to be all up to date… I have also tried it in another computer. its strange it will not work givin that I can read other SD cards. I was wondering if the Drone formatted the SD card in some special way

No it’s exFAT, this is mine from my Mini 3

Windows 10 should give the confirmation tones when the card reader is plugged into a USB port even without an sd card inserted

Have you tried other USB ports

Thanks for that info. I have ordered a new SD Card reader from Amazon which should be here today. Will give that a try and that will prove if its the reader at fault. Don’t hold out a lot of hope though as I have tried two in two PC’s. Will see how it goes.

Many thanks for your help in getting the SD card problem. As I said in the opening message. I’m very new to setting up and using a Drone so may need some further advice on some other topics. I’m looking at joining the group so I can message other close to me. I have seen on the map a member but can’t see how to snd a message to that person, If you are a full member do you get the facility to contact others direct or do you have to wait for that person to see your message in a forum page and hope they contact you so you see their details to contact them.

1 Like

Can contact by clicking on a name and then on contact. :slight_smile:

Did you sort the problem? If so what was the fix?

Yes members can direct message others if they allow direct messages

Join as we will help, just search first as it may have already been asked and answered

If not create a new post

I have completed the membership application for full member and submitted the card details, but not sure how long it takes to complete . I approved the payment so hopefully something will come through later or tomorrow. The member I would like to message has the name ( Paul04 ) in Abergele close to me. I have clicked on the name in the map but nothing has happend ?

1 Like