New to drones in Southwest

Pfffft! Not today :sob: I was planning a day of flying, but think if I stepped out It would be me flying not the drone. :leaves::dash:

1 Like

No wind where I am, well not outside…

3 Likes

It’s a tad windy here in Wells and a bit chilly :unamused:

1 Like

First weekend off and it’s as windy as my botbot after a night on the homebrew

1 Like

Blowing a gale here, next door’s fence is flying all over the place! Be better tomorrow, and I’ve got 6 P4 Pro batteries charged ready (and all of next week off)!

1 Like

Hello from Sunny Somerset,
its been great to hear from others from Somerset and the surrounding areas and nice :+1:to have the welcomings to the forum.

It’s never to late to learn new skills.
I’ve been flying model aircraft, mainly gliders and full size aircraft as I work with both military (mainly) and commercial aircraft.

Just to add some background for me, I’ve just started flying drones or shouldwe sayMulti Rotor craft.
It was just before my 60th birthday when I got a Mavic Pro, but wanted something with a better camera (not that the MP doesn’t have a good camera :slightly_smiling_face: At 4k videos)

So I opted for the Phantom 4 Pro, wow, it’s a pretty decent machine, fantastic 4k video camera and can handle pretty server winds, it’s ultra stable and flys well, just a bit bigger than I would have liked, so it doesn’t get out as much as I would have hoped.

Now for my 63rd birthday (St Patrick’s day, 2021) I decided to get a Mavic 2 Pro, it’s a nice piece of kit :slightly_smiling_face:.
I took it out yesterday for it’s maiden flights :wink: at Hayling Island, along the coast for a family gathering now we are allowed to travel and meet after the lockdown, just hope we continue with the roadmap…!

This is a very impressive piece of kit, it handles pretty well in the wind gusts, pretty stable, I just now need to download the videos so i can share :grinning:.

All the very best to one and all,
Safe flying and let’s hope things continue to improve :+1: so we can all get back out to enjoy flying :grinning: again.

Best regards

Chris

3 Likes