New to forum and drones

Hello all, new arrival here from Stockport. Thanks to Rich/PingSpike. I am likely to have a drone in the next few days (likely to be a Mavic Air FM combo.

5 Likes

Hi Howard and welcome to GADC.

Good to have you with us and I’m sure you will be able to find lots of tips before getting your new Mavic Air.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi that may also have ideas on locations.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

2 Likes

Welcome Howard.
Not too far away in Stockport, am just over the Pennines in sunny Yorkshire.
Might meet up at some time, happy to travel over the hill

1 Like

Hi Howard, welcome :+1:

1 Like

Welcome from another newbie. This is a friendly forum and an excellent source of info.

1 Like

Hi @howard.burgess1956 and welcome to Grey Arrows :+1:

As mentioned my good man, there are a great bunch of helpful and knowledgable people here so don’t be afraid to ask any questions that you may have :smiley:

1 Like

Which part of Stockport?

I just joined her earlier this week and I’ve had my Air for 2 weeks now. I’m Stockport too.

3 Likes

Hi @howard.burgess1956 and welcome :wave:

1 Like

Hi @howard.burgess1956 and welcome. I’m new here myself and have been flying for a whole week now!

2 Likes

Hi Cheeze,
I am in Heaton Mersey not far from the BP garage on Didsbury road. What are your thoughts on the Mavic Air? This will be the drone I am aiming to buy.Where did you purchase?

I have just got my Mavic Air combo. I have taken it out of the box and will be watching some videos later. I will get the batteries charged and maybe a little flying tomorrow.

2 Likes

a big welcome to you new boys, I hope you have brushed up on your “destruction manuals” before you fly !.
Lots of useful info in the “Members Area” especially the
“GADC Drone Information Pack”
You may want to print a few off for your reference when out flying
Fly Safe you new boys !

Tomorrow may be a bit off for flying check out UAV forecast app @Cheeze

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner Howard, been busy with work. I got my Air from Amazon, so far I love it but I’ve under 2 hours flight time so far and the vast majority has been around 10 feet in altitude whilst I test settings etc. I’m watching the weather now from mon-tues to see if I can get out whilst off work. I may try Etherow Country Park or the Goyt Valley for a proper flight. I’m up near the Humber bridge in a couple of weeks for work so may see if I can get it up around there for a good video of the bridge, will have to see if there’s a safe and legal place to take off etc.

I am off work all week if you fancy meeting up? Have drone will travel!

Have a word with @sparkman999, he has a Litchi mission for the bridge it may give you an insight to where to fly from!

@Cheeze Ok we have a section we did the Humber bridge a month ago
Any questions just ask

1 Like