New to fpv in Milton Keynes

So not the stock version that came with the drone?

If youre on 4.3 you can try applying preset superfly 5" tune or UAV Tech 5" tune to see if that improves it

There have been many issues with 4.3 so could also be worth flashing 4.2.11 to see if that helps

Or… just go back to stock.

I have a Roma F4… Still on the original bf build and tune. No way I’m changing it. I cannot improve on that tune.

Only my home built quads have bf 4.3.

Looks a lot like my Roma F4’s output, though that is on 4.2.9 as Diatone had it originally.

What if anything have you changed in the config… any flashing of versions, anything at all?

No not really changed anything just added my frsky

Right… that’s really important!

However “anything really” could mean there’s something you didn’t realise you’d changed… So it’s still possibly wise to re-flash with the original BF build and the original diff and then re-apply your frsky RX changes.

Things can get corrupted!

(Save the diff of what you have right now before doing anything at all!)

Or… maybe as a first check, get the original manufacturer’s diff and compare it with the current one.

This is a BNF/PNP quad? Do you have a link to the manufacturer’s page or where you bought it?

Lol yea I’m sure not really don’t help I know I would have only changed the PID but not by much the was all set to 400 Dec I changed to 345 that’s about all

In which case going right back to stock is worth a try.

My Diatone F4 already has a great tune on it… far better than any of my other quads.

It is one I have built myself my second one the first one is the same MK1 FC but a more upgraded ESC it is the blheli 32 pro

Ah, so not a BNF or PNP!

So no stock tune… right…

Photos, details of all components. Frame?

If you built it yourself then you MUST have changed a lot more than just set your Frsky RX up.

I’m feeling like I’m not getting the full story here.

So, not a BNF/PNP then?

If you built it yourself, presumably it’s not an exact Roma F4? i.e. potentially different motors, props, ESC, etc?

I have a Diatone Roma L3 frame, but it was a self-build using that frame and a bunch of other random parts, so the stock Diatone tune would have been (potentially) useless.

I can’t find the mk1 firmware from diatone I have two of this FC one I got from a stack and the other one is a spare one I had that I had bricked I copied the CIL file and installed on the old one if you get me lol

Ok yea I get you my drone is a mash up

It says warning no custom defaults found. When you flashed 4.3 did you apply custom defaults? Thats really important

1 Like

Ok… I get you… what is this other one? What are the differences between it and the new one.

The same tune is unlikely to work well if there are any differences at all.

My stock Roma F4 has those same warnings… I REALLY have done nothing to it except add an RX. So I don’t believe it to be an issue.

Anyway, that clearly says it’s 4.2.11, not 4.3

1 Like