Newbie from Newbury

Hi All,

I am a new member of this site and just wanted to say hello, and also to say thanks. I’ve been looking for places to photograph with my new drone and this site (along with dronescene.co.uk) are both fantastic resources, so thank you to the people who run these sites.

I live in Newbury so I’m keen to find places to fly my drone local to me. I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro. I’m new to drones, so I’m not expert, but I think it’s amazing bit of kit and perfect for what I want.

I will post a few photos and videos in here in due course.

Out of curiosity… What platforms do people use for hosting and sharing pics and videos? I have put some stuff on Facebook and also YouTube.

Cheers,
Toby

3 Likes

@T0bster Welcome to GADC.

@T0bster Hi Toby welcome to the club happy flying :+1:

Welocme @T0bster

I’m very new to drone flying (3 weeks) and to the club. I also got myself a mini 3. I’m loving it!

1 Like

Hi @T0bster and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Pictures can be uploaded directly in to a post as you’re writing it.
Links to YouTube videos can be pasted in to a post on a line of their own.
Panoee and Kuula each are each good places to upload 360° panoramas. Then you can create a post and again paste the link in on a line of its own. The Panoee developers participate here and so that’s something to recommend that platform.
FaceBook posts don’t seem so popular; there are many members here who don’t have a FaceBook account

Also: welcome!

2 Likes

Hi Toby - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Welcome from Portsmouth :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Welcome Toby to GADC :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Hello @T0bster, I post my video’s to youtube.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve added myself to the members map. I can see a few others in Newbury. Nice to know.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice @BadManners, much appreciated.

You’re very welcome, look forward to seeing some pics, video, etc.

@BadManners seeing as your asked so nicely, here’s a pic from the White Horse at Cherhill I visited yesterday as recommended here - Cherhill White Horse - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in South West

2 Likes

I also got some pics pics and video from the nearby Lansdowne Monument…

1 Like

Thank you! Lovely images!

Hi mate welcome I’m not far from you I’m in reading :+1:t2:

Hi @Kirky nice to know there’s some local members.

1 Like

Hi, great pictures and videos, I am also new to Drones and near Salisbury… I think all the posts like yours from “New Members” are inspirational and I just need to find some locations locally that are worth posting… rather than my garden or the local Builders Yard (which the owner kindly gave me permission to fly fly from and over!!)
Enjoy you flying time !!

https://dronescene.co.uk/ is great to find locations to fly your drone. I was looking at locations west of Newbury and found some interesting places along the A4 in Wiltshire.

Happy flying!

1 Like