Newbie from Nottingham chilwell

Morning all well afternoon as it’s gone 12 lol I’ve brought myself a drone the mavic 2 pro and only hovered in the garden was wondering if anyone knows of a great place to test fly my drone that’s not too far from Nottingham or if anyone is looking at going out anytime soon that I could tag along hope everyone is well and will look forward to your reply’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome Colin. The Mavic 2 pro is one awesome aircraft. It’s my go to bird. I’m sure the are plenty of people who can help and advise on places to fly, but pop over to https://dronescene.co.uk Which will give you some ideas.

1 Like

Welcome Colin

Hi Colin / @Assassin9277 , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own the M2P … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

hi and welcome. have you look at west park. it looks like there are big open spaces to practice.

1 Like

Will give that a look I know the place I just have to make sure it don’t get too busy winter won’t be a problem but summer I think will be.

Thanks for the reply m8

1 Like

My local Park is open 24/7 and I find flying very early morning /late evening better, purely on the basis that it’s the quietest time of the day.
You may get the early dog walkers/joggers out, but in my opinion that would be the optimum time to fly.
Have fun, the Mavic 2 Pro is a fabulous drone !.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Club My Mother-in-law lives in Nottingham Try to crash into her if you can :grinning:

Edit :- Sorry meant to say try NOT to crash into her if you can :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Excuse my rudeness @Assassin9277 !, a big welcome from one of the regulars here at GADC, keep safe, fly true, and enjoy your new found hobby !.

highfield park looks a possibility.

I was thinking about Wollaton park but not sure who I need to ask for permission and with the goose fairs site prob a bit risky as it’s a bad area all sorts hang round there lol

1 Like

From @milkmanchris too if we are talking about ourselves in the third person.

Used to work in Nottingham, visit now again, I think your best looking west of the city with the NFZ’s around.

the green area look a nice practice area the a52

sorry but I have duel screen set up on my computer

Thanks for the information I live across the road from a nature reserve but think that would be a no no

I was looking at the field near brian clough way , it looks like public acesss and no flight resrictions

2 Likes

Welcome Colin I’m sure you will get plenty of response :ok_hand:

Hi @Assassin9277 / Colin,

I do live in Nottingham too and I am trying to find somewhere close by to fly, was wondering if you managed to find a suitable safe place you fly?

Been wollaton today for me first fly there was 2 other drones there so shouldn’t be a problem