Newbie from Portsmouth area

Hello all, new to drone flying, am absolutely loving it. I have the Air 3 and have flown it a fair few times as I’m taking it to The Lofoten Islands in a month or so.
I have lots to learn but really enjoying it. I’m in the Portsmouth region.

3 Likes

Hello @Janette welcome to GADC enjoy :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Janette and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too!

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hello Janette and welcome to Grey Arrows, hope you enjoy it as much as we do…

Sounds like an amazing adventure to visit the Lofoten Islands…

1 Like

Hi Janette @Janette and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I have a few videos that I have put together but still have so much to learn.
My life is trying to travel as much as possible to photograph beautiful places so I had to get a drone and so pleased I did.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I shall look forwards to seeing some of your video’s, why not share your YT channel - assuming you have one - in the Members YT channel thread

I can totally mpathise on the need to travel and capture beautiful places, the last 7 years we have been exploring Scotland, and the past 18 m0onths of that with the drone(s), there is something alsm ost spiritual about the beauty of the wilderness, and sharing with others may inspire them to undertake their own adventures… I hope you have an amzin trip and that the weather plays ball for you :slight_smile:
Kind Regards
Suzanne

Hey Janette, hello and welcome to the Grey Arrows forum from a fellow Pompey resident! :nerd_face:
I live in North End right next to Alexandra Park…so it’s easy for me to get flying. Yesterday, I was given an Air 3 for my birthday from my wife but I’ve been flying drone’s for about three to four years. Originally, I had a Mini 2 then progressed to the Mini 3 Pro as soon as it was released. Indeed, I have flown the Mini 3 Pro in Norway and Mexico (Cancun) and was lucky enough to have had great results in both countries.
There’s a few of us who live in this general area and, hopefully, once the weather improves we should all be able to get out and enjoy our hobby more often.

Andy :ok_hand:

1 Like

I do have a YouTube channel but set to private at the moment. What I’m struggling with is finding the right music (hopefully free) to go with the videos. So the music I found free was from pond 5 or something like that, but they want me to attribute them and I’m not sure how to do it.
So hopefully will get to post them one day :blush:
Scotland is a must so beautiful there. The Isle of Skye and Glencoe. We did the NC 500 in June last year but didn’t have my drone then.

1 Like

Hi Andy that’s great to know. I’m in Purbrook so just over the hill :blush:
I did take it to Portchester Castle the other day you can get some lovely footage from there.
The Air 3 is an amazing bit of technology absolutely love it. You will too :blush:

1 Like

I use free music, some from YT itself, some from Pixabay, some from Chosic, some from Eric Maytas…

To give them accreditation just post the link and titel / name of composer in the video notes, take a look at anything on my channel, it has the details of music in the notes…

Some mainstream music can also be used, such as Clannad, Enya, Moby, but if you moneitsee the channel then they will be the ones who will get the payment for video’s using their music…

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Janette, my sister lives in Purbrook…small world isn’t it!
Have a look a LightCut to help with making videos for your YouTube channel. It provides music as well as transitions etc. and I used it to create my first ( and so far only) video on my YouTube channel… CoastalDroneViews which I filmed early morning at Eastney last year.

Hope this helps

Andy :nerd_face:

Welcome from sunny Bournemouth :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the information Suzanne I will definitely check it all out.
Kind regards
Janette

1 Like

Hi Andy thanks for the info I am using Davinic resolve the free version I must admit I am very impressed with it not sure if you have had a look at it but it’s worth a go.
Many thanks Janette

1 Like

Hello.
I’m new aswell also from Portsmouth.
Also have an Dji air 3 and a mini 2 se, flew them a couple of times so still getting the hang of it