Newbie from Stafford

Hello I’m Tim from Stafford and new to drones ( never flown or used one )
Been interested for some time and just purchased my first drone, just waiting for delivery now and very nervous for the first flight lol
Hopefully get some advise off you friendly folk :slight_smile:

Hi Tim / @LC80 , and welcome to GADC.

A growing number of members with the Mavic 2 Zoom, so you are in good company! :+1:
Ask away in #questions-and-answers for anything you want to know, and there’ll be plenty of people willing to assist.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members which includes most active members - so I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown that might be of assistance.:

Hi Tim :wave:
And welcome to the Madhouse most sensible forum I’ve ever been a part of :smiley:
What drone are you getting ?
Dave

(Did you see what I did there @PingSpike :wink: )

Thank you for the welcome and sure I’ll be picking some brains along the way :slight_smile:

Getting a Mavic 2 zoom after researching for a while, maybe not the best to start with but hey ho lol

Oh you mean ‘The best Quadcopter money can buy’ ™ :wink:

It is the best to start with!

(I may be a little biased :wink: )

Hello and welcome @LC80

Hi @LC80 and welcome to Grey Arrows!

Excellent choice of drone :+1:t2:

The first drone I ever flew was the old Mavic Pro. Like yourself I was wondering if I had bitten off more than I could chew, but nope, it was the best choice I ever made :smiley:

My first-flight advice would be to go somewhere quiet for that first flight. You won’t want to be worrying about passers by, dog walkers, etc. Go early too, while people are still in bed :slight_smile:

You’ll find a really helpful and knowledgeable bunch of people here so don’t be afraid to ask any newbie questions you may have!

@LC80 I will be meeting up with @Staffy (also from Stafford) after Christmas on Cannock Chase your welcome to join us we are all newbies

Cool. Send us all some pics please…we love piccies.Just look at these3 in final approach to…somewhere in England…Not Gatwick lol

Trust me & others, it is THE best to start with. She’s a beaut to fly. Obsorb lots of you tube vids. (Russ at 51 drones is great for these). Just remember for your first flight, make sure you have a green bar across the top of the screen and she says ‘home point has been recorded, please check it on the map’ have plenty of space, put it on beginner mode if you wish, this limits its distance and height. And NEVER EVER be tempted to fly indoors until you’ve become really proficient.

Check that EVERY TIME you fly!
+1 :+1:

Thanks for all the tips much appreciated

Hi and welcome,

You will love flying when the weather permits. It’s the start of a great hobby, as long as you don’t live near Gatwick :joy:

Thanks for the replies, at work at the moment and not off till 27th ( what a great job I have lol )
Will catch up on comments later cheers Tim

Same.

Hi Tim. Welcome and enjoy!!

Well got back from work to a nice surprise as drone has arrived, wasn’t expecting it until after Christmas :slight_smile:
Just unwrapping the film off it now lol
Got to say think I got a bargain fully sealed new Mavic 2 zoom and fly more kit for £1000

Wow where from

Flipping heck - I’d say so - that’s £438 less than it should of cost!

Mavic 2 Zoom - £1099

Mavic 2 Fly-More Kit - £339