North West Autumn Meet - Sunday 5th November 2023 weather dependant

That is a good idea, Eric works Saturday mornings, so we might be able to join you in the afternoon. I have just been having a look at the maps to suggest other places. It is hard to find places that are quiet for a few of us to take off from.

donā€™t forget clocks change week before so itā€™s not that early a sunriseā€¦ actually 815 in current timeā€¦ 715 once clocks change

Iā€™m up for 2x locations, wold prefer Sunday as I get free time from life

2 Likes

We are ok for either day, but we would need to be back well before dark due to the dog, she hates fireworksā€¦

1 Like

My birds hate them its a really frightening time for them all

2 Likes

Brilliant place that, did a vid on that last yearšŸ‘

3 Likes

UpHolland, Skelmersdale Beacon Park if you donā€™t mind me dearyā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Wigan, tuh!

10:30? Bit late that. Still, I might pop up seeing as itā€™s me local.

My apologies, Skelmersdale it is :slight_smile:

No worries Suzanne, only messingšŸ™‚

Hmm, weather looks iffy for Saturday, 70% chance of rain for most of the day, Sunday looks better at only 40% chance and sunny intervalsā€¦

I think Sunday is the better option at the moment, so lets opt for that - 7am at Wigg Island for Sunrise, and then 9-10am at the UpHolland, Skelmersdale Beacon Parkā€¦

Who is coming?

• Will be at Wigg Island for 7am
  • Will not be coming to Wigg Island
  • Will be at Beacon Park for 930-10am - or later (before 1pm)
  • Will not be coming to Beacon Park
  • Will not be coming at all
0 voters

Hi Suzanne, I will try to make the early Wigg meet on Sunday but may have to leave to do the football run. So Iā€™ll fill in the poll but canā€™t promise.

Dad/daughter time this weekend so a no from me. Happy flying

Hope you had a great Scottish trip Suzanne.
Canā€™t make Beacon Park Sunday but thereā€™s a small chance Iā€™ll be able to do the sunrise - will know nearer the time.

1 Like

Was an amazing trip, lots of great weather and flying, lots of footage to edit tooā€¦

If you are there then we will see you, if nmot you will be missed and we will see you next time :slight_smile:

You will be missed :slight_smile:

No worries, if you make it then great, if not we shall see you at the next one :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing the results on your YouTube channel

Hi @AlbionDrones, It looks like Iā€™m definitely on for the early am start. Are you still planning on arriving at around 07:00 for sunrise? Looking forward to some good guidance & tips from experienced operators / photographers.

2 Likes

Yes, aiming to be there ofr 7am, for sunrise and bridge, then off to Beacon Park for breakfast for about 9am :slight_smile:

2 up so far, 10 or 12 more to editā€¦ going to take some time :slight_smile:

Hi Suzanne, Iā€™m just checking about tomorrow as withe a small window in the early morning the forecast isnā€™t brilliant