North-West Meet-up - 2nd July 2022 TBC - Location still under consideration

I can probably throw a gazebo in the back of the car, need to check what condition it’s in first!

Disappointing news I’m afraid… the chap who said we could use his field has changed his mind, he didn’t realise it could be more than 2 or three of us. :confounded:

I think will have to put this on hold unless I can find another venue sorry everyone.

Oh no and it looked like a great place to fly, was it just a numbers thing?

we are a good bunch I hope you can persuade him otherwise :pray:

There must be somewhere else. Maybe by the coast?

I think the mention of it could be up to ten of us took him by surprise and it’s a bigger event than he realised. He’s a good friend but I think it’s probably my fault for not explaining it properly :confounded:.

2 Likes

Completely random suggestion, Warton Stock Car Club near Carnforth. Long time since I’ve been to watch a race but I’ve flown over it and I don’t think there’s anything there you could damage if you tried.

On the coast well away from the road, near the West Coast mainline and home to West Coast Railways and their steam engines.

@notveryprettyboy we could fly the Binary’s along the cliffs :+1:
and an enormous wing

Im in chief

Looks good, could turn the track into an FPV race track

I’m up for travelling to Carnforth for the day :+1:

You’ll need to give them a call, fingers crossed! These were taken September 2020. High Tide on the 2nd will be around 2:20pm.

Oh yer :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Only problem is it’s gated so they may not allow access, good point is there is no fixture that weekend.
I have a contact at work that goes racing so will tap his brain this afternoon.

1 Like

The gate only stops cars, just walk along the bank past it :joy: Wise to get permission though, area is popular with local walkers so the club would soon find out you’re there

Maybe offer a Race day top-down video :wink:

1 Like

I get that but if people are bringing lots of kit they may not want to walk the 1/2 mile from tge gate to the track carrying a stack of batteries and multiply drones plus accessories.

I did one a couple of years ago.:grin:

I think that if this is an ‘official’ GADC meet-up then we should have agreed access to the site, with access to the toilets :smile:

JMTPW
Steve
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For clarity I’ve amended the thread title :smile:

2 Likes

The stock car club at Warton can’t be used officially as it’s run as a business therefore they would have to supply a member of the team to open up and provide the facilities due to the insurance requirements. They wouldn’t be able to do this.

The other issue would be members of the public as it is popular with dog walkers, i went on thursday morning for a recce, at ten in the morning i counted 20 walkers, this is mid week so can only imagine more on a Saturday or Sunday.

Time for plan C or D.

2 Likes