One year later

As I was messing around in LiftOff this morning, it occurred to me that my FPV journey started more or less a year ago, amid much cursing and disbelief that anyone would persevere with such a ridiculously difficult hobby. :grin:

It turns out I uploaded my ā€œ6 hours of simulatorā€ video just shy of a year ago, so I threw up a quick, 30 second comparison from this morning.

6 Likes

It looks like youā€™ve made great progress!

Iā€™ve got the DJI FPV but Iā€™ve not tried M mode at all yet, would you recommend Liftoff?

1 Like

Excellent progress Jez. Donā€™t have the videos, but felt so much better myself, and our little session the other Friday was great.

Velocidrone or lift off both good and have proā€™s and cons.

If youā€™ve never done Acro FPV, I donā€™t think Iā€™d recommend DJI FPV as first go. Donā€™t they also have a sim for that? I recently got a DJI FPV, and donā€™t use it for tricks and low low gap hitting, use the carbon ones for that (mainly due to insane repair costs of DJI FPV, and YOU WILL CRASH when new to FPV, and even a year or two on). lol

1 Like

All the PC based FPV sims (see here) are pretty similar, BUT the DJI controller will not work with them, they require a controller of the type you would use with regular FPV quads. I think the cheapest weā€™ve found so far that will work with the sims is this one:

However, if you have an Apple device, DJI have their own simulator, which I believe works with the DJI FPV. Might be worth asking @group-dji-fpv if anyone has any experience of it.

1 Like

The DJI FPV controller DOES work (windows 11), sticks only (apparently on the Mac buttons too), but on PC the sticks work, the buttons donā€™t. Iā€™ve been using it instead of the faff of getting the radiomaster out :wink:

If anyone knows how to get the buttons work, would love em :slight_smile:

1 Like

My DJI FPV controller works perfectly fine with Liftoff.

1 Like

OK. I stand corrected. :grin: I must be confusing it with the Mavic & co. controllers.

1 Like

Heh, was surprised tbh it did, then annoyed couldnā€™t get the buttons working + had to invert a few of the axisā€™s. Wasnā€™t easy!

1 Like

Wow Jez, can definitely see the progress between the 2 vids :clap:t2: Have you managed to get your Nazgul repaired and working yet?

1 Like

Great compliment ;o)

Then BOOM

But seriously well done Jez, I am still unable to get my stabilisers off

1 Like

weā€™re working on it thoughšŸ˜

2 Likes

Its not as backhanded as it sounds Chris its a wiring issue with his camera not a crash :grin:

2 Likes

Now youā€™re slagging off his soldering/wiring skillsā€¦ You are harsh manā€¦

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Im just going to :zipper_mouth_face: before I dig a deeper hole :laughing:

1 Like

I for one am frankly gobsmacked at how good you were at the 6hr mark! :grinning: Puts my efforts to shame.

1 Like

Ha ha! Nope. Kept looking at my soldering jobs this weekend and never quite worked up the enthusiasm to turn the iron on. :laughing:

Iā€™m sure sure youā€™ll get there. Itā€™s a slogā€¦

I have to say, Iā€™m not entirely sure there isnā€™t a zero missing from that. :astonished:

2 Likes

Haha I know the feeling, I still have a couple of repairs I need to make on the ā€˜Snailā€™ quad that I keep putting off :laughing:

1 Like

Looks good mate :+1:t3:

Like the look of lift off Iv been using DRL might give it a whirl ā€¦

1 Like