Ordered a Tinyhawk and subsequent problems

Reviving another thread.
I hope you guys don’t mind?

This is a minefield.

From what I have been reading, and I have been doing a lot of it. It looks like crossfire is the way to go.

Please, if someone could share a bit of info for me?
I have a Radiomaster TX16S and I do believe a crossfire module will fit straight into the back.

Q1, which crossfire module do you recommend?
I am looking at the Micro TX 2. Is this the way to go?

Q2, what kind of TX would I need. As a for instance, let’s say I was going to put this on my Tinyhawk 2 as a test. Meaning what would I require to do this.
(I know this is over kill for the Tinyhawk)

I just know in my heart I am going to build a quad and think if I am going to do this then I should start with small modifications first. But I don’t want start out wrong and get the wrong stuff in the first place.

Q3, batteries and battery chargers charge controllers. This is all completely new to me and to be completely honest with you. I don’t know where to start.

I will leave it at that for now but I am sure I will have loads more questions.

I thank you all in advance and I am sure I will be thanking you all in person when we are allowed to meet up.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Hey Steve I’m new to all this FPV stuff too but have been doing alot of reading and asking the Coventry Massive loads of questions :grin:

With regards to Q1 you need a specific size module that will fit your Transmitter. In your case it is the Micro that you are looking at.
Q2 For something as small as the TH2FS I think I’m right in saying you would need the nano rx as it’s the only one that will fit (I’m pretty sure @DeanoG60 has fitted a crossfire nano to his TH2FS if you need any tips).
Q3 I have no clue at all and will be asking exactly the same questions soon so will be interested in the other replys you get :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the very fast reply.

Thank you at least I got that bit right :grin:

@DeanoG60

Anyone?

Thanks

I do appreciate this

:facepunch:

1 Like

@SirGunner

Steve, is this what I need?

1 Like

Yes mate they’re the ones. You can also get the nano rx with immortal T antenna as a kit which may save you some money possibly? They also do multi kits of 3 nano rx and 3 immortal T antenna if you have more quads that you want to mod or if you are likely to in the future

1 Like

This is the thread you should be looking at, it’s all in here

3 Likes

First things first fitting crossfire to the THFS2 is a pain in the ass and I wouldn’t recommend it for your first dip into soldering/building. Crossfire is definitely one of the best control links on the market.

@SirGunner is correct you will need the micro TX V2 crossfire module for the TX16S. And yes you will need a nano RX. But if you buy the SE version you won’t need to buy the Immortal T antenna. And if you are going to fit it to the tinyhawk then you definitely don’t want the Immortal t. Just buy the standard RX and that will come with a whip antenna.

3 Likes

Also @SirGunner is also correct about the kit that was the route I went down you get the Module for the back of the radio and 3x Nano RX 3x Immortal T antennas and 3x Whip antennas. Well worth money even if you don’t have 3 quads to upgrade it’s always nice to have spares :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

I have been listening @DeanoG60 :grin:
I didn’t realise the immortal T won’t fit the TH2FS sorry @speatuk but I guess that’s a bonus if you don’t need to buy one :+1:t2:

1 Like

Oh it will fit but it’s just bit big and heavy. The whip antenna is more suited :+1:t2:

2 Likes

This one

2 Likes

This would be a great place to start if it was in stock lol

1 Like

Hmmm

Just read what you said about the “not a nice one to start on”

Ok I take your experience on this.

Looks like I’m starting from scratch then.

2 Likes

Sweet another ‘New Build’ thread to follow :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @Steviegeek

Interesting

2 Likes

Ok I’ve started.
The TBS Crossfire Micro TX V2 is on its way.

2 Likes

Could get yourself a BNF Nazgul5 V2 with a Crossfire RX :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhh

Didn’t think about one of those. Is it ready made or do you build it

EDIT

I didn’t read it properly it’s BNF

2 Likes

I keep umming and arring about whether to jump straight in with a new build or buy a ready build to start with. I’m really tempted to have a crack at the self build :thinking:

1 Like

And this one should work with your DJI goggles :+1:t2:

2 Likes