Ordered a Tinyhawk and subsequent problems

Also try these uk stores:

1 Like

Cancel your order! The pro won’t bind with the tinyhawk or any d8 compatable receiver!

My advice is the jumper t16

1 Like

@anon34183503
It’s OK I haven’t ordered one, thanks for the info

@notveryprettyboy
The above link is good they have the same one I got for £95, and the Tinyhawk ll for not much more than I paid. Always the way.

I heard that the Tinyhawk II is bum. Something about bad CofG.

If you look at the camera I can understand that, they have made it adjustable and looks way bigger than one the one I have.

I like the form factor of emax one I have so that was why I was attracted to the FrSky Taranis

The problem is frsky are trying to lock out things like the crossfire which if you start building bigger quads you will want. Not to mention the fact that frsky’s stuff will only bind with frsky stuff. The t16 binds with nearly anything and supports the full jr module without modifications.

If you really want an xlite. Get the original one :wink:

1 Like

What about the FrSky Taranis x-lite S

A bit like Apple you mean,

I see your looking further with regards to future proofing yourself. Crossfire is definitely the way to go as James said. It is dependable and has more range than you can fly.

There are no whoops I know of that are crossfire ready, but a crossfire receiver is tiny. And it is not that hard to install onto a whoop if you can solder. I’ve done it.

Almost any transmitter can accept a crossfire module, in one form or another.
Have a look at crossfire on google. It is from Team Black Sheep (TBS). James recommended it to me a while back. Best advice I have had.

That is why I chose the Tango 2. It’s small and has crossfire built in.

Can you solder and or tinker/bodge Phil?

Nope that’s also an access radio. You want the original xlite if you want that style of controller.

But being frank. I loathed the gimbals the throws were too small. T16pro is by far the best bang for your buck at the moment

1 Like

Well as a kid I was always taking my toys to peices and putting them back together again. I qualified as a Marine Engineer working on ships, you have to fix things with whatever you have, we had spares for most things but not always, no electricians. It was like being jack of all trades but capable of all of them.

So I have been tinkering most of my life, but don’t like to bodge if I can help it but improvisation is great.

1 Like

jack of all trades,master of none!!! :rofl: :rofl: :joy: just kidding! sure you will do just fine,i still have that to come!!! :wink: :wink:

@FIREFOX

Was probably master of big deisel engines (300mm to 700mm bore) than anything else. Largest one was a 10 cylinder 700mm bore x 1200mm stroke.

1 Like

Bodge infers it is done badly and I’m sure that’s not what you all do…

1 Like

@notveryprettyboy

Yeah this looks pretty good

What is crossfire though, excuse my ignorance.

This is a quick place to start

karl @notveryprettyboy will fillin the details,he’s an expert :grin: :grin:

Yeah, the term bodge in my eyes means making use of what you have with ingenuity.

1 Like

… andthis for more detail on it’s use

1 Like

Ha Ha. No where near!
Crossfire runs at 898Mhz so has a longer wavelength than the typical 2.4 ghz transmitters.
There is more penetration through obsticles. Also they are able to run at a high wattage (not strictly legal mind, but most things aren’t).
A 2.4ghz might get you a range of 1km. Crossfire has been shown to go 50km. It’s just piece of mind really. We aren’t going to go that far lol.