Ordered a Tinyhawk and subsequent problems

So if you buy the Tango 2 with crossfire already in it then you need a drone with a crossfire receiver in it or stick one on it. Yeah?

But you can use it without crossfire with the Tinyhawk for instance.

The tango2 will only bind with crossfire rx’s. So to bind with your tinyhawk you would need to fit it with a crossfire rx.
if you really don’t want a t16 then and want an xlite best bet would be put a shout out on drone junkyard UK on Facebook. Someone will have one they don’t want.

But I can’t stress enough how much the t16 is the best radio on the market at the moment. Best value. Binds to almost anything. Supports crossfire. Full opentx implementation including support for opentx companion.

@anon34183503
Ok then maybe I should go for one of those as it seems to be useable with just about anything, I’m not getting anything yet but will bear it in mind.

I just had a go with the Tinyhawk in garden LOS, it is certainly easier to fly with a bit more space, lots of practice needed yet though, were you suggesting not to fly LOS but FPV? I think i might end up crashing into things backwards as I can’t even get it to hover yet, its all over the place.

Yes I’m suggesting not even bothering los. These things are far far easier to fly fpv. You also don’t tend to fly backwards much as you can’t see where you’d going.

You can do it

OK once the batteries are charged again I’ll try it, see how it goes.

Good call. Learn your tinyhawk first. Racing drones are a bottomless pit money wise.

Yes I can imagine

This :+1:

I wasted far too much time trying to fly LOS and I’m still shite at it. Guaranteed crash in rate mode.

FPV is much easier to pick up. Forget all the flying backwards and sideways stuff you’ve learned with DJI for now.

Just keep it moving forwards.

I didn’t get out again this afternoon, the RC took ages to recharge, so will have another go tomorrow. It’s a bit of a pain with only one battery, I’ve ordered 5 more that should be here next week, paid extra for DPD delivery, apparently they are still delivering as normal.

1 Like

On the same topic regarding goggles, would the DJI Goggles RE be suitable for these or are the DJI FPV Goggles better suited ? I ask because I don’t see much difference between the two other than one is £525 and the other is £550 and cosmetic looks, I would eventually like to use them for my M2P but also for a tiny whoop or something a little bigger once i got some pennies put together for the next bolt-on to this wonderful hobby.

The RE goggles support analogue 5.8Ghz so could be used with this. Not sure what the latency is like though.

DJI FPV goggles dont support analogue without modding it.

Would you say the DJI goggles are overkill for a tiny whoop or as mentioned something a little bigger, I’m guessing there are far more products on the market that do the same thing or better at a fraction of the price but not compatible with say an M2P / M2Z / MP ect ect

That’s a new topic really. Fpv goggles are a distinctly personal thing. For just analog my preference is fatshark hdo’s or hdo2’s but they are very expensive.

For digital fpv you only have the dji fpv edition goggles.

For dji mavic s and phantoms etc you have the dji box goggles of which the re gives you basic 5.8ghz analog reception…

1 Like

I wouldnt buy them specifically for flying FPV drones but if you were buying goggles for a DJI model anyway the 5.8Ghz is just an added bonus.

If you were serious about FPV the money would be better spent on some fat sharks or similar.

1 Like

Sounds like a minefield :joy:, and yet another big learning curve and certainly some research :thinking::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Reviving another thread.
I hope you guys don’t mind?

This is a minefield.

From what I have been reading, and I have been doing a lot of it. It looks like crossfire is the way to go.

Please, if someone could share a bit of info for me?
I have a Radiomaster TX16S and I do believe a crossfire module will fit straight into the back.

Q1, which crossfire module do you recommend?
I am looking at the Micro TX 2. Is this the way to go?

Q2, what kind of TX would I need. As a for instance, let’s say I was going to put this on my Tinyhawk 2 as a test. Meaning what would I require to do this.
(I know this is over kill for the Tinyhawk)

I just know in my heart I am going to build a quad and think if I am going to do this then I should start with small modifications first. But I don’t want start out wrong and get the wrong stuff in the first place.

Q3, batteries and battery chargers charge controllers. This is all completely new to me and to be completely honest with you. I don’t know where to start.

I will leave it at that for now but I am sure I will have loads more questions.

I thank you all in advance and I am sure I will be thanking you all in person when we are allowed to meet up.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Hey Steve I’m new to all this FPV stuff too but have been doing alot of reading and asking the Coventry Massive loads of questions :grin:

With regards to Q1 you need a specific size module that will fit your Transmitter. In your case it is the Micro that you are looking at.
Q2 For something as small as the TH2FS I think I’m right in saying you would need the nano rx as it’s the only one that will fit (I’m pretty sure @DeanoG60 has fitted a crossfire nano to his TH2FS if you need any tips).
Q3 I have no clue at all and will be asking exactly the same questions soon so will be interested in the other replys you get :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the very fast reply.

Thank you at least I got that bit right :grin:

@DeanoG60

Anyone?

Thanks

I do appreciate this

:facepunch:

1 Like

@SirGunner

Steve, is this what I need?

1 Like