Outdoor access code Scotland

It’s called a “Teacake” but it’s not a teacake in the strict sense of the word, which would contain raisins and things. It’s basically a blob of sugar encased in very cheap chocolate!

1 Like

Blasphemy!! :wink:

2 Likes

The healthy eating recommendations for “5 a day” doesn’t mean Tunnocks Teacakes :smile:

2 Likes

No teacakes only count as half so you need to eat 10 to get your quota.

2 Likes

Speaking of Tunnock’s Teacakes ….

1 Like

I had to Google that.

1 Like

I’m doing my bit for the Scottish economy …

2 Likes

Here is link to Forestry Land Scotland regarding drones and it’s pretty good news.

https://forestryandland.gov.scot/business-and-services/permissions-and-permits

2 Likes

Moved your post over to here - since the topic has been well covered already.

Indeed, this other thread (!!) has more interesting information where one of our members (@Davester70) took Forestry Commission Scotland to task over inaccurate information on their website and managed to have them change the content in a positive way.

This search also reveals other threads.

Reading the post on here written by the forestry commision is so refreshing…if only the UK could do the same !
I lived up here 1993-2000 and lots of points spring to mind on ease…and food, seeing as all us adults on here (lol) are serious I will cover food first !

Teacakes a big yes
Butteries…superb last for weeks.
Maccaroni cheese pies…compulsory to live on NE coast
Chip staek supper…you will never see a cheap bit of pre formed meat the same again…superb !

Some of the forests here are just awsome and giving us freedom is even more so, the wording etc, but its like alot of stuff.

Rainbow taxis in Aberdeen has the gps automated system in 97! Portsmouth where I am now went up to Rainbow in 2003 to “see how it worked”
Buying a house/selling a house, put for sale, put in offer, accept offer…sold !

Wonder why England is out of control ?

For bushcraft, canoeing, hiking and, probably droning, there’s only one place for me…SCOTLAND
Getting a mobile home in a few weeks and SWMBO agrees that we’re spending every possible opportunity to go to…SCOTLAND.
Once I inherit, I’ll buy a house in… SCOTLAND

1 Like

I’m with you on this. Actively looking now

I had that opportunity ,35 years ago, biggest mistake of my life not doing it !.

I feel your pain on this one, made the same mistake 35yrs ago when I was offered a job up there!!:weary::weary::weary:

Spent many years North of the border while in the R.N. and stayed up there till 2003 after I returned to civvy street in 1994. Lived in Roysth, Inverkiething, Helensburgh, Aberdeen and Ellon.

Hi. I’m off up to Scotland next week. Edinburgh Tuesday, Dundee, Alloa, Glasgow Wednesday, then back down to Maryport in England on Thursday.

It is a mild inconvenience that I have to fix a few machines. But to me, it’s my drone holiday. :grin: :+1:

My question is, as I finish early on Wednesday in Alloa, and I drive up to loch lomond and the trossachs before I get to my hotel in Glasgow, is it ok to fly there? Google says it’s a nature reserve.

I know about the NT in England, just wondered if I’m ok. Somewhere between Alloa and Fort William. The mountains are amazing.

Moved your post over to this relevant thread.

These two threads also relate :

Cheers. This post will do for me.

1 Like

Yes mate absolutely fine to fly there, have done many times.

What you might find though is lay bys and car parks at beauty spots coned off until restrictions are lifted.

I’m sure you will find somewhere no problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, clears up a question I had. Thank you

1 Like