Pano-Mania #1 - (aka The Great Pano Thread)

Sunset by the Pit.

4 Likes

“The pit”, @Jimmymac :thinking:

And are all those houses built on top of it? :scream:

The 2 chimneys and the castled building are the remains of a pit (a coal mine) the building is the remains of the winding house, one stack was the chimney for the steam winding engine the other is an air shaft.

The building you can see behind it with the bright green door is the gym and I wanna go back there :sob: :sob: :cry:

1 Like

Doesn’t the moon look tiny.

A cloud inversion, aslo known as a temperature inversion is quite a rare sight, basically you get a cold layer of air trapped beneath a warmer layer, so the cloud hugs the terrain and sometimes even the ocean. whilst there is a clear sky above. Seen this morning at St Bees Beach, Cumbria.
Im not so sure though how the sand formations get there.

4 Likes

“Cockwomble” :rofl:
Great pano @Jimmymac

2 Likes

Thought I recognized that beach @Jimmymac. Been a while since I’ve been to St. Bees but it’s a lovely place. Admittedly the last time it was a bit busier!! Cracking pano, mate.

1 Like

Amazing Sunset over Salisbury playing fields.

2 Likes

Take a look at Step #2 in Interactive 360 Panoramas - How To Post on GADC if you’d rather post a more visible version of the 360.

eg:

Cracking 360s, though! :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome 360, love it.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, will try that next time :+1: :ok_hand:

1 Like

ooo how’s the mini 2? thinking about 1 for smaller spaces and windows

1 Like

I’ll be brutally honest with this…

It’s a great little drone and can take some great shots, I believe the video is better than the photos but I can’t help but compare it to its big brother M2P. A diferent class I know but when your used to what the the 2P can produce its harder to love the mini 2 some photos just recently have left me disappointed and I think you need the perfect conditions to get good photos.

Overall though Lee, for the price and what it can do its awesome and so good to just throw in your pocket.

1 Like

thinking of using to supplement the M2P when we have a job and there are small spaces like a stairwell or smaller window

and can then use for hols etc as well or maybe sailing as would be easier to launch and recover maybe

1 Like

A third of the price and A1 flying though @McSteamy2010

It’s like the Focus v M3 argument

1 Like

100% mate, and I’d recommend it just for that point alone. :+1:

My thoughts exactly Steve. I really need to stop comparing my Mini2 to my M2P as they are night and day. I bought the Mini2 to shoot images in places where I would probably not be able to use my M2P (even with my A2 CofC). It does take a bit of work to get the best out of the images and I’d also agree it’s better with video.

I went for a walk along the Clydeside in to the centre of Glasgow this morning to catch the sunrise.
I couldn’t have got this image with my M2P due to the location.

6 Likes

Great shot John, :ok_hand: mini worked well on that one :+1: I just find some if not most of my images are noisy. But then I do tend to take shots in more low light conditions than another time.

2 Likes

100iso and slow shutter speeds Steve :+1:

3 Likes