Parrot Anafi

what do you think of disco

Cameras not up to much unless warm weather but fairly quick and great fun to fly. With a battery mod I’ve had it in the air for over 70 minutes.

I like it but only paid £299.

1 Like

70mins that’s impressive

1 Like

We had a rather long thread going for it.

2 Likes

Anyone got the Parrot Anafi V2? interested as with A2CoC would be able to fly it in A1 for 2 years and looks more robust than the original with weak legs

1 Like

I have a parrot anafi the two downloads are 99p each it has a true 21mp camera with zoom , I think it is still one of the best drones on the market for the price

@KayKay has (had?) the Anafi too, I was impressed with it’s ability to not only look straight down at 90° but also dead straight up too!

2 Likes

I had the Anafi V1. Fantastic drone and really really quiet. @PingSpike was really impressed with it’s quietness when we had a group meet in 2019.
I bought it to aid in my inspection works with United Utilities. Easy to check the condition of sewer pipes underneath bridges due to the camera ability to point 180° straight down or up.
I’ve moved on from pipe bridge inspections now and sadly I let go of the Anafi few months ago. Now using a Mavic Air 2.
I still have a brand new set of props for the Anafi and a tablet holder. If you decide to purchase the Anafi 2.0 and interested in the spares, let me know.
Cheers

3 Likes

Yeah that drone was lovely to have. I’ve now joined the DJI family with a Mavic Air 2

2 Likes

I have two Anafi’s. One was a birthday pressie from my wife, the other was bought off eBay as “Spares or Repairs”. This one was the extended version with the extra batteries and the custom case. When it was delivered it was totally dead. Once stripped down I found the fault was simply a ribbon cable between the PDB and the mainboard had become unseated. Once connected everything has worked perfectly ever since. Cost to me? Lets just say I was quids in with the value of the batteries alone.

The Anafi has been my grab and go drone ever since. I’m not a great, or even average, videographer by any stretch of the imagination, I generally fly it under the goggles in what Parrot call their FPV mode.

As already mentioned the camera is exceptional and the lossless zoom feature is very useful. I also find it’s flight performance is also exceptional. It is very agile and surprisingly resilient to the wind given its size and weight. And for when performing those sneaky beaky commando missions it is very quiet. I used it to survey neighbouring gutters and roofs and passers by have rarely noticed that there was a drone nearby.

3 Likes

@Leeuk @KayKay @Nidge, Cheers guys youve helped me decided the Anafi can be my 3rd drone

1 Like

I know nothing about these, other than this model is a few years old. So I don’t know if it is an good deal or not. But at less than £200, seems ok to me!

I’ve used XSonly lots of times without issue. Very quick delivery normally.

1 Like

I have had my Anafi since they came on the market, great drone, one of the first with a unique trick to look straight up giving a new perspective for video’s and photo’s.

For us UK users there is a modified version of the app that allows to do a couple of tweaks including better battery monitoring and FCC mode instead of CE mode.

Really good price that, would def take a punt.

Really enjoy the Anafi

1 Like

It’s EOL but regardless, that’s a cracking price!

As the gimbal can point directly upwards it creates full 360 panos with no infills too.

That is a good price. I have two Anafi’s and they are very capable little drones. If you do buy one download the edited APP from the Anafi Pilots forum. This provides FCC power levels and some other features not found in the official APP. It’s actually the official APP but with some code edits. Surprisingly, sound wise, it makes the Mini2 sound like a Misfiring Morris Mariner with a large hole in its exhaust.

2 Likes

I can’t see anywhere that it says with the controller, I would ask before ordering :wink:

3 Likes

I think you are right. They have two more listings for an Anafi, one is shown with a controller for £280 and the second is shown with the addition of the carry bag and goggles for £350.

3 Likes