Parrot disco for £299 anyone?

Ash if you fit before I get a chance to post up pics there are steps on either side. Leave them in place.
If you cut them out so battery is flush with parrot sticker it’s a bit close to going right through.

It sits a bit higher but you can notch the lid to suit.

I cu one of the steps out then glued it back in when I realised. Other side is spot on.

Gotcha Callum. Yeah the only thing that worry’s me is going though a wire. See people fitting the ether on side or back. Personal preference I suppose.

So you leave the little ledges in both sides and just take what’s needed out of the lid yeah?

The people who talk about wires are cutting along the profile of the lid.
If you mark your width at outward then inward point and cut at angle so slept parallel there is not a wire in sight.

Yes defo leave the notches mate. That’s why people are exposing wires.

Like a wedge?

Great cheers bud :+1:t3:

Yeah sort of a wedge shape at either side but the cut out is a perfect rectangle.

Gotta head out mate. I’ll post up pics later, but imagine yours will prob be done.

That’s good to know. Now I know we’re the wires are I feel a bit more relaxed putting it under the blade :grin:

Daughter missed train so had time to get this of the camera.

The step seems to be a layer of its own under the polystyrene. When you cut the sides and back the top layer comes off leaving step.

In this photo you can see the first side where I cut away the step and you can see where the wires are. You might just slightly expose the cavity where the motor wires are on that side but opposite side where I left the step has only servo cables and was not an issue.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Do any of you know what kind of WiFi signal strength should we be getting? Struggling to find out whether this is good or bad from yesterday’s flight. Does anybody know the level of WiFi that is required minimum?

Don’t know required minimum mate.

I can see if I can post up a graph of mine, yesterday. You lose video well before telemetry.

Have you set your country to USA?

Cool, thanks that would be interesting. Yeah my country seems to be set to USA I must have made a mistake on setup :joy:

1 Like

Heres a flight on mine which is similar to yours in terms of max distance.

Looking at a longer flight, you lose signal at about -80dB

1 Like

Thanks Callum this is interesting, at some points we get about the same and others your signal is stronger. I didn’t have any issues on the flight just was in a “see what’s going on” mood.

Well took mine out for a spine today. It’s Good fun. Flew for about 20 mins the set it off on a very small waypoint mission. Worked like a dream. One thing I’m not that impressed with and that’s the focus issue. Think I’m going to fit a 4K camera to the front to get some quality footage??? Any recommendations on a cam to stock on top? :thinking:

1 Like

Ash,
Was it out of focus from the minute you took off or did it degrade quickly?
What temperature was it outside?

It’s bloody frustrating but doesn’t help I’m comparing it to mavic footage.

I’m determined to find a fix for the focus without pulling another apart.

For mounting another cam it would need to be something like a hero 5 session and mounted close to COG.

1 Like

If the price drops when a new model comes out I might spring for a virb360 and mount it on top. Currently it’s just too costly.

Virb 360 might be a bit on the heavy side. It’s 160g with battery. Session 5 is 70g.

Would be fine for a quad but might upset the balance with something like the disco.

Ah didn’t realise it was that heavy, feels lighter to hold than my theta, just shows how bad a judge I am!