Parrot disco for £299 anyone?

Sure thing will do some photos of the backpack.

Yeah the take off isn’t even a real throw, you press the tranny button, the motor starts to speed up gently and then it powers right up on its own and it’s almost just letting it go, you can feel it trying to fly, it’s more like a gentle release in a forwards motion more than a real throw. You don’t need to put much power from your arm into it. I had a Multiplex Xeno wing before and I remember launching it was quite an art on your own. This thing is a breeze in comparison, it wants to fly rather than wants to hit the deck! Then it ascends pretty fast.

2 Likes

I noticed it records altitude and altitude above ground.

Guessing altitude is above take off point. And above ground is based on the ultrasonic or optical flow sensor.

Might be a bit early for you to know but when you set a minimum altitude do you think that’s based on above ground or above take off?

1 Like

I asked about maximum altitude in the Facebook disco owners group, worried about what happens if I fly off the clifftops here, will it drop to height above ground and then I would not be able to fly the Disco back up home without crashing into the cliffs. Overwhelming consensus from the more experienced was it is from take off point so possibly minimum is also. So this would mean if you fly up a hill from take off point you might still hit the ground? So may be for minimum it works differently, good question!

Arrrh think I see your post on that about the cliff tops. I picked mine up yesterday. Charged Rc and disco up and updated firmware. Tried the dji goggles out thought the k1shied to. Very nice :sunglasses: just waiting on my skid belly pad and laminate wrap to turn up and hope to be out with it this week.
Definitely need a case to.

1 Like

What, how, please share? What is a K1 shield I’ve looked on line so far didn’t find anything on how to do it.
Thanks

A discontinued gamer tablet by NVidia.

That’s the one

Sooo I take it has a HDMI port?

Yeah they don’t make them anymore. They still quite sort for so it seams. The mini hdmi appealed to me more than anything

Yup had mini hdmi port. Baught an mini converter and your good to go

Just had a look on flea bay, some biding going on for them lol.
Thanks chaps

1 Like

No worries. Also it you have a spotter you can connect to your tv and fly from home :grin:

2 Likes

First flight done.

Wind reading about 18mph at ground level on my anenometer.

Needing loads of space is an understatement.

Landed a few times then tried out the goggles.

Felt my legs going to jelly and ended up almost vomiting.

Great fun all the same.

2 Likes

As someone with a few hundred hours of flying fixed wing planes, many of those doing aerobatics (:heart:RAF!) … the video posted the other day almost had me airsick for the first time in my life :fearful: and I almost wore the floor out trying to correct the undesirable yaw with non-existent rudders! :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve got a spare 42” TV, could get a van and sofa for the Disco! :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

Time for a confession, I charged the Mavic and Disco last night ready for a Maiden and Mavic shoot.
The first thing at the field was the Disco, plugged the wings,got the controller and I found I’d left the cable at home.
The reason was I got an email last night from Simon at Firstpersonview asking if I could help someone looking for a field to fly in Corby. Well I gave the chap my number via email, he called me and we had a good old chin-wag. It turns out that we worked at RS Components in the 80s’ but never met and so that’s how I forgot to pack my phone cable.

At least now it looks like there will be 4 of us with his buddy joining us tomorrow. I feel a UAV club might grow from this.

I loaned Ian my goggles RE while I flew LOS, he was blown away. The Mavic is his first ever RC aircraft,the one thing that impressed me was how much he had been reading about the ANO in general.

I’ll be out tomorrow for a Disco :dancer:
Regards

1 Like

My flight today. Very windy, had goggles on and trying to get used to controls.

Not too sure about focus. A lot of it looked out of focus on laptop. Maybe high wind?

2 Likes

See what you mean. No tap to focus on there hey. How did you find the whole experience then?

1 Like

Brilliant. Would have been better if a bit calmer, even mavic was struggling.

Great to fly though, fast and makes some noise when zipping over your head.

Would probably fly somewhere flatter next time to get the hang of it.

I’ll need to check some other videos and find out what’s up with the focus.

1 Like

Looks like a great spot to fly though, nice open space. Glad it went ok overall. I have no idea about the focus, does it look like it’s in focus if you shoot some video on the ground? As I thought it was fixed focus.

Sorry to hear you got postponed Njoro, best of luck for tomorrow!