Parrot disco for £299 anyone?

After my last flight and the focus issue I did some testing today. From my kitchen it was struggling to pick up the limbs of a tree about 25m away.

Followed a video on YouTube and cut the lens away from the camera body. A little bit of insulating tape to make up the diameter and slid it in and out in till I could make out all the branches of the tree.

Lens is glued back in place. Will get it out tomorrow for a test flight.

Could probably have just returned for another but kept me occupied for an hour and part of the reason I bought this was for tinkering.

I’ll update on results.

2 Likes

Wow, that bag looks great. I really want one now but will need to wait a bit as totally blown my budget this month between cameras, drones and boiler repairs.

1 Like

Who needs a boiler, it’s Spring! :joy:

Really interested to see how your image sharpens after your mod, doesn’t sound too bad a job?

As Billy Connoly once said… There are 2 seasons in Scotland, June and winter. :grin:

Wish I’d done a before and after video, or better still, had it recording while adjusting. Oh well.

Got a nice waypoint flight planned along the coast for tomorrow.

1 Like

That case does look impressive @frogbmth :+1:

And @callum - fair play for attacking a brand new drone with a Stanley knife already, that’s a warranty killing mod, I impressed :clap: :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll be cutting away parts of the battery bay when the 4000mah battery arrives so thought what the hell, might as well attack the camera too. :sweat_smile:

Fixed the camera, added strobons, just the battery and 3G/4G control then I’m done.

This is the battery for anyone interested.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192343165552

1 Like

Well I pimped my with laminate last night. Took me about hour and a half. :grimacing: got a few Little creases that pissed me off but other than that I’m pleased with it. Just need a bag for it now. We’re did you the case from?

1 Like

What charger you using for that bad boy?

Photos, or it didn’t happen :wink:

Good question.
I’m not sure. I have a turnigy accucell 6. Not sure if that will charge it or will need to upgrade.

Any advice on that account appreciated.

I’ll post some before and after I take a craft knife and dremel to it.

1 Like

Ashmav the case was from Amazon

All these battery mods for the bigger LiPo or two Parrt cells does it not mess with the COG? Or de we think it is minimal as I guess the wing will kinda self trim every flight

It probably will slightly.
The benefit of those multistar are that they are only about 50g heavier than originals.

COG is at the battery anyway so should have minimal effect.

1 Like

Post up a new thread in Modifications please - quite looking forward to seeing what’s possible with these fixed wings :smiley:

2 Likes

Will do mate.

Please, please, please stop this thread! Temptation is all consuming and I fear I will submit to it and then have to face the blistering wrath of ‘er indoors. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:Can I cope with this dilemma? My mind is imploding -Wibble wibble London is a small town in the suburbs of Carrotpisco on the planet Mars - my God it’s happening :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

4 Likes

d-fever

1 Like

@callum - very apt :sunglasses: as my hand keeps going to my wallet in my trouser pocket and I’m having to drag it diagonally away - akin to that famous John Travolta dance in Saturday Night Fever.

Please please give in and buy it so that I’m not the only one that gave in.

I tried this :see_no_evil:

Then this :hear_no_evil:

Then this happened :money_mouth_face:

Then I didn’t say anything to her indoors :speak_no_evil: until I took her shopping and let her buy from M&S whatever girlie stuff she wanted. I even told her her bum didn’t look too big in some gear she bought at which point I was rumbled and asked "what have you bought and are hiding? I fluttered my eyelids as she does to me in hope of forgiveness I got a :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This disco thread has gone crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
I’ve managed to laminate it, fit belly and lens protecting Not even flown it yet. Works getting in the way. Will have to get out next week though.
Need a bag!!!

1 Like