Permission To Fly High

Its currently set to 2 seconds.

Has also now dropped to 11mph

Flight length - 37,748 ft = 7.15 miles @ 11mph = 40 minutes.

@ 1 pic every 2 secs that’s 1,200 pics.

RAW are what, on the M2P? 30MB?

So - 36GB in total.

Now - call me silly - but I think Lightroom might take about a year to stitch those … even if the laptop doesn’t expire first.

:rofl:

1 Like

Holly sh1t!

maybe divide the mission into 4 then stich the 4 completed missions together at the end. :thinking:

11mph = 4.9mps

One i=pic every 2 secs means a pic ever 9.8m ground distance travelled.

I’d imagine that from 400ft your camera probably covers an area of 100m squared (guessing) so every part of the area is being photographed >100 times.

What’s the angle of view of the camera?

1 Like

NO!!! Do it in one … SENSIBLY!! :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll have to check, I want to say 55 degrees for some reason but that might be for something completely different.

1 Like

So - lets assume that’s max width - so height is probably closer to 60°

From 400ft (120m) that equates to a height coverage of … 120m. (… two RH triangles of 30° each. Opposite = 0.5 x Adjacent. :+1:)

So - if you take a pic every 40m (every 16secs @ 11mph) you’ll have more than enough coverage.

And get the tracks 40m apart, too … so that it will be equal coverage in each direction.

2 Likes

I’m lazy, I’d probably use the Pix4D Capture app and let it do the work!

Also, if you use ODM or Pix4D you can get a stiched “ortho-moziiac” of the tiled images generated for you.

Might save you some leg work?

2 Likes

Drone Deploy does the same.

1 Like

Might save the computer and Lightroom from explosion, too. :wink:

1 Like

This thread started off with such a simple question.

Now my brain hurts :crazy_face:

2 Likes

haha I know lol, Carol Vorderman AKA @OzoneVibe certainly knows his stuff. :exploding_head:

@McSteamy2010 there is a far easier way to do all this.

Download Google Earth Pro, zoom in a bit, quick screenshot of the village, job done.

6 Likes

Done :+1: :joy:

5 Likes

But thats not as much fun as watching Steve hold his chin deep in thought :thinking: :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve skipped a lot of the thread, but one thing popped to mind, just da a normal sphere panorama and then select the images looking down and stitch them together.

Just a thought

1 Like

Doesn’t that type of pano only take one single image looking down at 90° :thinking:

2 Likes

A sphere pano on the Mavic Pro takes 34 single shots which can be stitched together, but the M2P takes 26 images and stitches them together, so if you pick out the downward images and stitch them you might get a reasonable image.

But the other option listed above by doing a screen shot on google maps is much easier.