Pesky pigeons

Must be a drone fetishism they have

1 Like

Those pigeons did not attack your drone – they were just flying-by.
I doubt that pigeons are inclined to attack a drone but if you are near and prefer to be cautious then I would do what I always do in the vicinity of birds – I fly upwardly as fast as possible as, in the main, birds are not able to fly upwardly as fast as the drone could (ie: 5 m/s for Mavic Air 2).
Birds normally attack intruders to their nesting place and period.
I can understand that a pigeon who had a bad day might attack your done if it comes near their nesting. Predatory birds are more likely to attack your aircraft though.

The gulls don’t like my Mini 2, it’s courting time and it’s the sound that brings them out. Not sure they’d attack it but if they happen to hit it, size & weight is on their side and damaged props could send it straight down.

i am at the seaside …i see the odd curious gull but they soon buzz off when they know its not edible…

They weren’t just flying by they were encircling it. Just the same at home. They probably won’t attack it. But was does concern me is that they are so clumsy it only takes one to hit it accidentally and bang :boom:

Hope your not going to shoot them?
I would say if the pigeon came close it would probably lose a foot or loads of feathers from its wing. Those props come very keen.

I’m less than 200yds from the coast, they hate it. Tried to fly it at various points along the promenade, doesn’t get better :slightly_frowning_face:

Only thing I’ve found they can’t get their heads round is straight up in sports mode, seems to confuse them but they soon realise where it’s gone. Then I have to drop through them and they follow it to lower than roof height before giving up.

I’m getting a catapult. :dizzy::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::eagle:

1 Like

I live in a seaside town so seagulls could pose a problem (though wind tends to be the main reason not to fly). There is a nursing home behind my house and they tend to hang around the bins so dodging them could prove difficult. I was thinking of placing a couple of strips of hi-vis vinyl (red and/or yellow) on the front and legs of the Mini 2 in the hope that the brighter colours might prove to be a deterrent.

2 Likes

You’ll have let us know how you go on :ok_hand::eagle::rocket:

1 Like

Bright colours do not work, take it from me…

6 Likes

They’re probably colour blind :joy::eagle::rainbow:

3 Likes

Shame they’re sold out

2 Likes

DOH! :joy:

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

lol

1 Like