Photos not appearing in app on Android phone

Quick question. When taking photos with my spark, they don’t show up in app or on my phone, sometimes they appear 3-4 days later. Any ideas?

1 Like

Android/iOS?

1 Like

Android

1 Like

Probably the Gallery app not detecting them when they are downloaded.
Some gallery apps have a refresh option, some will refresh once each day when the phone isn’t busy (overnight).
Had this with an older phone.
Rebooting usually forces a successful gallery refresh, too.

2 Likes

Ah OK, will try that now. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

That didn’t work, scratching my head over this. Been annoying me for a while. But really wanna see some shots I’ve taken today.

The refresh after a reboot isn’t instantaneous. It runs in background.

I never use the ones on the phone anyway. I always use the ones from the SD Card.

I’m not in the possession of a pc/laptop, I know it’s 2019, but hoping to get one soon. Hoping they come on phone soon.

I use an SD Card reader for the phone, too.

1 Like

One of the reasons I rarely use the images the Go4 app downloads is because (for some annoying reason only known to DJI), the file names are close to gobbledygook, and I prefer the logical/sequential numbering on the SD Card.

You could use your phone’s file manager to navigate to where they should be …
INTERNAL MEMORY/DJI/DJI.GO.V4/DJI ALBUM

But file names are unintelligible …

1 Like

Not bloody there. God knows what’s going on. Lol

Connect it all up and switch it on for a few minutes. Sounds like it hasn’t downloaded them and should sync them … hopefully.

No help immediately, but I do recommend getting one of these …

(Or the USB-C type if that’s what your phone is.)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/173331433836?chn=ps

I’ve got one similar. Will connect it up tomorrow. Hopefully be on there.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problems. Not sure if it’s related to the version of the app. Previously I’d take a photo or video and the standard version of it would save in the cache. It’s not doing it anymore… thought it might be an android thing but I used my new iPhone for the first time the other day and it didn’t save anything to the phone :frowning:

2 Likes

Interesting that you’re experiencing the same on iOS.

On Android mine saves them OK, but on the phone that I use for the drone the gallery refresh isn’t that clever, and a reboot forces a refresh and then they’re there.
As I say - rarely bother using them from the phone, so it’s not something that worries me, but I do notice them not appearing in the gallery after the flight … and then they’re there.

I also seem to recall that when I got the MP there wasn’t the same delay. :thinking:

I’m on an old version of Go4, btw. 4.2.16

I’ve just checked - and the images from my last flight are not on the phone … not even when looking where they should be with the file manager. Hmmm.

I shall do some research.

2 Likes

And just like magic, mine are on the phone today. Very strange.

2 Likes

Had you reconnected to the MP since yesterday when you first posted?

1 Like