RAF Upwood Meetup TBA

Not to bad then just around the corner from matlock. It’s about 20 min drive for me

1 Like

Out of curiosity what kind of spots do you all like? I can try to scope out some contingency plans based on that.

1 Like

Anywhere not to fussed

1 Like

This is how I see it going. Drive 2 hrs, think its silly to turn around and go back. Drive another 2 hrs. Fly for 30 seconds and put my quad in a Lithium lined grave. Watch you lot fly all your packs. Drive 4 hrs home. Think to myself “that was awesome! Gotta get a new quad and do that again!” :rofl:

2 Likes

Me too. Gaps.

1 Like

Just a quick question before I go to bed for tonight’s shift. How many batteries do u lot carry for a normal day out ?

1 Like

Basically what happened to me last time. Without 8hrs driving

I have a field charger cos I’m down on batteries due to crashes. 3 for my 5" and 5 for my 2.5". But can keep charging

1 Like

Is that of like one of those huge battery banks ? Was looking at getting one of those

1 Like

I mainly fly rugby fields at the moment but open to anything really :+1:t2:

Yeah. But I made it from old laptop batteries

1 Like

I only have 6 batteries at the moment

1 Like

Ah good shout will look into that I started with 4 batts got 12 altogether now didn’t know what the deal was with charging in the open

1 Like

@speatuk Steve has a small hand held sized petrol generator that he uses which was pretty cool. Not sure how much it cost though :thinking:

I think I like the idea of rigging my own bank up. I like a bit of DIY

1 Like

Cost a few quid from carboot sales and ebay for laptop batteries. Strip them and solder them all up

1 Like

Well I’m neck deep in it now from buying my batts might as well keep it going :laughing:

Make sure you keep em at storage voltage in case you don’t know :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Right I must go enjoy the rest of ur nights I will keep checking up on updates for next week I look forwards to it.

2 Likes

Yeah I have done some. research on it got them all sitting nice and snug got a lipo bag aswell can’t be to safe.

1 Like