Recovering drone from a tall tree

Get a price first
Last one I approached wanted £350 :scream:for two hours work

Wow…

1 Like

Does anyone know of any tree surgeon in Gloucester?

Out of curiosity is the tree in the woods or public

1 Like

It is on private land that we were on but they were closing the gates. The lad who locked up said he would need to ask when we can go back to try and get it.

Ok this may be good. Had a guy get back to me that actually does trees and has his own drone and has offered to get it for a bit of fuel money

1 Like

What drone is it @Foley

A stuck one

1 Like

Mini 3

1 Like

The land owner has got back to me and he is going to have a look tomorrow and see what he thinks the best plan of action is.
So all looking good so far.

Now I have to work out how to get the previews of the flights today from the controller without having the drone with me. It said a transfer mode by scanning QR code but there are no pictures on the phone. ?? Confused. Regarding the drone. I just noticed I have DJI care on it, forgot about that. No idea if that is going to be an option so will see.

1 Like

I’m not fully Mini 3 familiar … but that sounds more like transferring full resolution images/video to your phone - rather that the downgraded versions that can be saved to your phone in real-time during the flight.

Perhaps you have the app settings to not safe to your phone in real-time during the flight?

Why? are you looking for the flight logs?

The latest fly app does not save any pictures to the phone, you have to transfer them after the flight

Every day is a school day. :+1:

1 Like

There are videos on the controller of the flights of the day before loss.

Need the flight logs at some point by the looks of it.

Some of the master shots, hyper-lapse and quick shot videos are saved but a cached version

Why do you need the flight logs, you know where the drone is?

Share the Airdata

It looks like I will not be able to retrieve it so DJI want if for the care refresh if it can not be recovered

They will get them from the DJI server if needed, they are saved on the device and they will auto-upload when you connect to the internet, if not DJI will be in touch so they can retrieve them from the device

Like I said share the Airdate here

Sorry although I am aware of what was said, I have no idea what that means. Not had the drones that long so technical things are still getting learnt

Join Airdata for free