Remote ID on the way for the UK

Just put in N/A. Its not a requirement in the UK and very few actually allow you to send it.
Drone serial will suffice in the very unlikely event they’re looking with Aeroscope.

Thanks for that, cheers

I’d probably be inclined to put “WTF” in that box.

2 Likes

Just seen on twitter
CAA have put out to tender RID
https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/Notice/f9a5e9d7-29f4-447a-b068-ad98ccd31e49?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2023-06-02&utm_source=SavedSearch

1 Like

Yes it’s been in the pipeline for sometime and in essence already implemented as all new drones already have RID active and some are already transmitting in the U/K without the operator knowing :scream:

1 Like

I’ve never really read to much into this, so please excuse me for or if I’m not understanding it properly,
I get that this is like you having a number plate on your drone as such ?
So am I right in saying if your flying responsibly & and not doing anything stupid am I right in saying there is no cause for concern ? Apart from if the caa want to know, they know who we are & where we are etc when flying our drones ?
Sorry for asking the question as said never followed it, is there an article anywhere I should read so I can understand ?
Thanks

1 Like

@Kirky start here mate: DJI launching an app to allow ANYONE to view your flight info

Then this one: Apps and utilities to view drones that broadcast Drone ID and Remote ID data

2 Likes

If anyone is coming to the Big meet we have the facility to check if your drone is transmitting RID

4 Likes

And teach you how to stop it doing it?

None of mine will ever have RID. I don’t think you can even get them on a 65/75/85mm whoop, they are just too heavy. The current RID implementation is only really relevant to the big (3-5") drones. Some of the US units weight crazy amounts. Most people now are just building sub 250g with quieter motors, over there and staying under the radar. Or you have people like Botgrinder that just generally don’t give a fk. :stuck_out_tongue: I probably fall in that category. :wink:

Not quit sadly.
The RID allows anyone with a phone or tablet app to see not only where your drone is but also where the operator is, serial numbers and other details.
So even if you’re acting totally legally, someone that just doesnt like drones or wants to cause trouble now knows exactly here you’re standing.

If it was just people that need to know then fine but its not - its literally everyone.

2 Likes

Not true as the person needs a device capable of receiving RID

Most of the general public wouldn’t even know it exists let alone download an app

Yes that might change soon but at this moment that is the situation

Most people have a device capable of receiving it. And as time goes on and phones get more modern more and more will.

And anyone with a dislike of drones will easily find out about it.
The annoying neighbour, the National Trust gestapo. It doesn’t operate in a vacuum. By the time it goes live anyone who wants to know, will know.

1 Like

If the NT gestapo are actively monitoring for drones, lol, I will put a RID in my van, switch it on when I drive past any NT properties and get the fkrs running around like ants trying to find it.

2 Likes

Check this out Matt :wink:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Big Meet 2023, 9th-11th June - DETAILS UPDATED IN FIRST POST

Going on the “success” of most government IT initiatives it’s a fool’s errand, whether it’s fools day or not. Let’s redefine reality, that always works well.

Could never get this to compile :scream:

Does this mean I’m broadcasting :thinking: just noticed it whilst I’m out flying !

1 Like

Yeah,

Start the motors and check with your phone for a Wlan

What’s wlan …. Thanks