Renewing an Operator ID

The system has just cocked up on me, gave me a new ID with an expiry date of 15th of oct next year. Rang CAA they are going to look into it.

1 Like

@stevesb
You sure you didn’t press the wrong button Steve?
Easily done with fat fingers, I should know!

Positive. I pressed renew.

1 Like

So I got an email from the CAA today saying that my operator ID was about to expire.

However the takeaway from this email was the ID number doesn’t change this year but it might next year, when the regulations are finalised.

I have just renewed it now but @MrMPW said there was an issue earlier but it would seem to be resolved now

What do you mean?

Seems to be working for some people now which is good… As others have stated, seems intermittent and definitely wasn’t working when they sent the first round of emails out.

When I did it at 6 p.m. it worked a treat. Literally took like five minutes to renew.

@MrMPW do you think that when we have to change the ID next year due to the new regulations that will be the only time, a bit like a PfCO renewal?

Probably the last time you’ll need that renewing

1 Like

What the ID or the PfCO?

PfCO

1 Like

Got my reminder yesterday - logged on, entered DOB and email - took me straight to a payment page - no change in Flyer No or ID so £9 well and quickly spent, Printed out the confirmation email I got 2 minutes later with all my details for my bag - job done.

2 Likes

Probably both… really, what are the chances that we’ll still be aligned with EASA in twelve months? There’ll be a spreadsheet somewhere in Westminster with a list of every reference (well, 65,536 of them anyway) to Europe in UK legislation. Every time the queue of lorries at Dover stretches back to the outskirts of London they’ll announce another change of legislation and tell us we’re still “taking back control”.

I just think the model of the flight be it commercial or pleasure should be no different.

The CofC and all that shit should be a step forward, but still trying to get my head around a self signed competency to fly

2 Likes

I can only think it’s to make potential prosecutions easier - once you’ve self-certified it will be difficult to claim ignorance of the rules or that you didn’t realise you were supposed to actually know how to fly the thing.

Otherwise, yeah… can’t understand it either.

Got a polite apologetic email reply to my enquiry re initial submission cock-up. Normally takes a week for CAA to reply so 2 days not too bad. Will renew later.

Pleased to hear won’t have to start removing labels and putting new ID on at least until next year.

2 Likes

Mental note to self… order a new label printer on the 2021 Amazon Prime Day :rofl:

3 Likes

The PfCO will automatically become known as the Operational authorisations with standard permission

We shall have to see.