Renewing an Operator ID

As a BMFA member mine is done through them, so no hassles. Almost registered direct but was told not to as we get height concessions for fixed wing.

Just rang the CAA.

While waiting in the call queue there was a recorded message saying they are “aware of an IT issue with renewals and are currently looking in to it”.

Spoke a very nice lady on the phone who said “yes, the Renew button is missing from the web site and someone is looking in to it”.

She asked if I could try again tomorrow :grimacing:

2 Likes

If in doubt, blame it on an “IT issue”…

Somewhere in the CAA IT department is a developer waving a printout of an email in a PM’s face and screaming “END OF OCTOBER! RIGHT HERE, THE END OF F***ING OCTOBER!”

2 Likes

kerching. kerching

1 Like

Now working.
Just renewed and paid my £9
No change to Operator ID, same as last year

2 Likes

Just received renewal email confirmation, no change to Op ID this year, but will likely change in 2021

2 Likes

:rofl:

You really couldn’t make this stuff up … although it does look like someone was.

1 Like

Have now renewed. Normally payment procedures are in place before opening the shop. In this instance, although I tried twice yesterday and once this morning they couldn’t have got the float in the till.

Now that is sorted I’m nine quid poorer and have a continuation of my id for another year - to the anniversary of when i took the test, not the anniversary of the law begiining which was several weeks afterward!

Also renewed, Took 2 mins. No change to OP ID

Well, there we go… all renewed, no new ID, nice and easy in the end. I shall put a reminder in my calendar now to come back here in 12 months to have a good moan about whatever’s next :wink:

4 Likes

That’ll be the change of Op ID. :rofl:

I should like my new OP ID to be an emoji…possibly something like :fu:

3 Likes

Right, I’m off to flog this new one on ebay for a fiver :+1:t2:

And these twists are responsible for the safety of the air!!!

I thought that was strange. We were told it would be new. So I checked with Ameen, the registration product owner at the CAA. Here is his reply:

What an interesting approach!

Sorry for the bum steer.

Email reply attached.

2 Likes

Ha!

His name was in one of the test questions earlier :rofl:

1 Like

Ha! So for once us early adopters get an advantage and can keep our IDs for another year. Unlucky @OzoneVibe and @milkmanchris, you’d best get peeling at those stickers! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone ever been asked for either their flyer or operator id when they are flying?

2 Likes

Saved 2.50 on the free time I got, also I’ll be an early adopter of the new code :wink:

Yours will be harder to remove having been on longer

3 Likes

If I even bother renewing - I’ll only be doing it 9 months before you have to.

1 Like