RTF Competition 23/01 to 05/02 - National Trust Properties - Winners announced

If the weather turns nasty or if you want to do something interesting on these long, dark winter evenings then give the BMC a go!

1 Like

RTF National Trust Properties Entry

Gunby Hall Lincolnshire

Taken 0739 26/01/2022

DJI Mini 2

Gunby Hall is a country house in Gunby, near Spilsby, in Lincolnshire, England, reached by a half mile long private drive. The Estate comprises the 42-room Gunby Hall, In 1944 the trustees of the Gunby Hall Estate, Lady Montgomery-Massingberd, Major Norman Leith-Hay-Clarke and Field Marshal Sir Archibald Montgomery-Massingberd, gave the house to the National Trust together with its contents and some 1,500 acres of land
10 Likes

◦ Location: West Kennet Long Barrow
◦ Time and date: 27/01/2022, 16:37
◦ Aircraft/camera used: Mini 2
◦ Drone Scene: Link
◦ National Trust: Link

West Kennet Long Barrow is one of the oldest and largest long barrows in Britain - approximately 328 feet (100 metres) long and about 8 feet (2.4 metres) high. It was constructed sometime in the 37th century BC (3,700-3,600 BC) and is older than Stonehenge or the Great Pyramid of Giza.

8 Likes

That would have made a stonking B&W Landscape a few weeks ago :+1:

• Time and date: 29/01/2022
  • Aircraft/Camera used: DJI Air2
  • Drone Scene: Link
  • National Trust: Link

Taken today even used the on-site free parking :grin: :fu:t2: National Trust :rofl:

11 Likes

Awesome shot :heart_eyes: … and even better use of emojis :laughing: … gets my vote :+1:

you managed to fly today ! …grounded here in the windy north east , the only things flying are trees and roofs :tornado:

The wind died off here towards the afternoon :+1:t2:

Time to vote for the next competitions subject. RTF Competition February 6th to 19th - VOTE HERE!

Looks like wind speeds aren’t great for the Mini 2 for the rest of the week, and was relying on some extra evening light this week to get to my other intended location after work, but looks like it just won’t be unless things change. So will submit these now.

Time and date: 23/01/2022
Aircraft/Camera used: DJI Mini 2
Drone Scene: Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Kinver Rock Houses + Hillfort - National Trust in West Midlands
National Trust: Kinver Edge and the Rock Houses | National Trust

5 Likes

Is that one or two entries Ade?

If it is two then separate posts please. :slight_smile:

ffs, forgetting the basics! Will fix.

Time and date: 23/01/2022
Aircraft/Camera used: DJI Mini 2
Drone Scene: Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Kinver Rock Houses + Hillfort - National Trust in West Midlands
National Trust: Kinver Edge and the Rock Houses | National Trust

4 Likes

Oxborough Hall in Norfolk. This is an overhead of the garden/maze.
Taken today 30/01/22 with a Mini 2
Location added to Dronescene

13 Likes

Knipe Point and Cayton Cliff
30/01/2022
Mini 2

Acquired by the National Trust in 1984

Added to Dronescene: Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Knipe Point and Cayton Cliff - National Trust in Yorkshire and the Humber

10 Likes

The National Trust’s Lyveden New Bield, Northamptonshire

Taken 30/01/2022 @ 10;15am
With DJI AIR 2s

Lyveden New Bield has a religious design full of symbolism. Designed on a plan reminiscent of a Greek cross, the facades have a strict symmetry. The building has two floors above a raised basement, with mullioned and transomed windows. Each floor had three rooms with a staircase in the south projection of the cross. The exterior of the building is decorated by friezes of a religious nature. The metopes contain the emblems and motifs found also at the triangular lodge, such as the “IHS” christogram.

It was never completed. It remains as it was when the builders left following Sir Thomas Tresham’s death. Today, it is in the care of the National Trust.

7 Likes

◦ Location: Badbury Rings, Dorset
◦ Time and date: 30/01/2022, 15:13

8 Likes

◦ Location: Kingston Lacy, Dorset
◦ Time and date: 30/01/2022, 15:37

8 Likes

@clinkadink ….Hi Chris just wondering if you took a straight down shot of Bradbury rings

2 Likes

Great minds think alike :+1: Sadly no, as it didn’t fit from 400’, due to it’s sheer size. It would have made a good image.

I was thinking this. That would have made a great pic if able to fit in the frame.