A healthy number of people voted which bodes well for the competition itself. We are looking forward to seeing how many images grace this thread.
The subject for this competition is:
**The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition. The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday July 3rd to 23:00 Saturday July 16th 2022 is UGLY BUILDINGS
- The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight - so somewhat higher than your eyeline please!
- Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
- Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and hosted on Vimeo or YouTube. Paste the url on a separate line in your post - this will allow the moderators to make a five second gif of a section of your video for entry into the poll.
- Competitors can create as many images as they wish and submit them in separate posts in this thread.However, only one image of any one subject will be accepted for judging. If you are making multiple entries please indicate which one you wish to be your competition entry at the time of posting.
- You may not post multiple entries of a single subject without indicating which one you wish to be judged unless you are happy for the judges to make that decision for you,
- Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:
- Time and date
- Aircraft/camera used
- Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest
- A valid. sensible and original Drone Scene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place - i.e. there must be no prior Drone Scene entry for the subject of your photograph.
- Please note the qualifier “sensible” in the previous sentence. Drone Scene entries should be of places and objects that other pilots may want to photograph, for example traffic islands or derelict barns may fall outwith that description!*
- Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.
- Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.
- Any image that is correctly added to the Drone Scene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
- In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
- The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.
- The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
- Entry to the competition confirms your pledge to tithe your wages to the Challenges Committee
- The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later.• Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00
- The winner will be announced once the vote is closed and counted