RTF Competition - May 22 to June 4 - BRIDGES - Winners Announced!

Get comfortable with the drone first, that’s the main thing. RTFs give us a great reason to try new things and get out of our comfort zone, but it’s important to get comfortable first and water and obstacles is never an easy topic for a beginner. Also don’t think you need to get mega close, your distance picture is very good, and always a good idea to get a variety of pictures anyway, you don’t always need to be on top of something to get a good picture. I think the Birthday challenge is soon, this was invaluable in getting me not only comfortable flying, but also photoing things I probably would’t have dreamed of. Look out for the thread soon or get some inspiration from past birthday challenge threads.

1 Like

When I took the Warburton Bridge picture, the drone was… a considerable distance from me, and reception was just about getting a little choppy.
I was just pushing to see how far it would go… and I was very impressed at the range.

actually, this challenge now has me looking at how to use the litchi missions. It’s all good learning fun :smiley:

1 Like

Old viaduct over the Esk. North York Moors Railway runs under it. Unfortunately the steam trains weren’t running tas far as Whitby so the old carriages are pulled by a diesel instead.

The short clip is me trying to pan keeping the train in view as it passes under the bridge. Its a bit wonky but you get to see the view to Whitby at the end.

DJI Mini SE, June 2nd 11.15am

5 Likes

The Warrington Transporter Bridge is a structural steel transporter bridge across the River Mersey.

Taken: 29th May 2022 at 16.48 with the DJi Mini 3 Pro

14 Likes

The Forth Bridges at night.

Date: 1/6/2022
Time: 23:10
Platform: DJI Air2s

18 Likes

Burton upon Trent Ferry Bridge.
Built in 1889 across the River Trent.
The bridge behind the Ferry Bridge is St Peters Bridge opened in 1985 to ease the traffic problems on the older Trent Bridge further down stream.
There has long been talk of another much needed third bridge.
Ferry Bridge is for pedestrians only.

Photo taken from 4K video taken with Mini 2.

10 Likes

Clive, I am so glad I aborted my trip to see my mum in Burton as this was on top of my list, thinking not many would know about this one, I settled for an image from last weekend.

I should add, Burton is my home town.

My first entry. Was hard to get what I wanted as this is a disused rail bridge that nature has reclaimed the area around. There were so many trees and branches reaching out I spent most of the time trying to be sure a few hundred pounds didn’t end up in the River!
Taken with Mini SE
3/6/22 at 1445
Near Witney, Oxfordshire

6 Likes

And a short video of the above disused rail bridge. Again, hard to get the shots I wanted but determined to get something!
Mini SE
3/6/22 14:45
Near Witney

5 Likes

@Clive.R I go through Burton a lot on the way to my Daughter’s and never knew that bridge was there! Looks like I’ll be paying a visit :thinking: Is it pinned in Drone Scene?

My Third (and 4th?) Entry

The Severn Bridge with the Prince of Wales Bridge behind.

Taken today, 03/06/2022 at 12:15 using my Mavic 2 Pro.

Beautiful day to fly over a massive body of water! :flushed:

5 Likes

Ok… This is my 4th Entry:

The Severn Bridge, from the English side.

Shot today, 03/06/2022 at 12:15 using my Mavic 2 Pro

7 Likes

OK, my first entry …

Stamford Bridge, York, The Old Railway Bridge
3/6/22
Mini 2

8 Likes

And my second …

‘X’ marks the spot !!

Stamford Bridge, York, The Old Railway Bridge
3/6/22
Mini 2

9 Likes

I’m not going for the obvious large superbly engineered bridge (mainly as I have been to idle to get out on the bike), I have gone for the small scale.
Mini 2 taken 02/06/2022

Picture 1, low angle with large Troll sitting on top…

Picture 2, close up and no Troll…

Picture 3, made the effort to reposition and get the other side of the bridge.

5 Likes

Drayton Foot Bridge and Drayton Swing Bridge, Fazeley Canal.

The Drayton Foot Bridge is said to have been built around the same time as Drayton Manor in the 1830’s.

The Drayton Swing Bridge is next to the foot bridge and was installed around 100years after the footbridge.

Drayton Manor was built for Sir Robert Peel M.P. the man that formed the first police force, sometimes referred to as Peelers.

8 Likes

Hey Markas,
Wouldn’t have been a problem.
I had it mind since “Bridges” went up. It was a spur of the moment decision yesterday to go over. It’s about 40 mins away.
I know Burton well having carried out lots of work in and around the town.
It was worth going down to the washlands, next to St Peters Bridge.
A decent car park next to the Pumping station and not many people about for a nice sunny day.
The Transporter bridge looks good!

2 Likes

@Onanist I like the first one with the reflections … whereabouts is it?

It’s locally in Elrig in Dumfries and Galloway. On one of my many wanders to get practice flying.