RTF Competition - May 22 to June 4 - BRIDGES - Winners Announced!

Hey D0c.Col,
I tried unsuccessfully to pin it in Drone scene before I posted it.
First time trying to pin anything and it must have been a combination of bewildered brain fog mixed with over excitement at the Jubilee celebrations that made me fail.
It really is worth a trip into Watson Street behind Tescos. (You cant access Watson Street from the Tesco car park.)

A car park is near the Trent and lots of open space and footpaths.
I shall go again and take my magnet on a rope and fish for all the loot the anglers have dropped in the river.

Cheers. I’ll take a look next week. Live in Stafford so not far. :+1:t2:

Fantastic

If you haven’t been to the arboretum at Alrewas it’s worth a visit.

Cant advice throwing the drone up there though, there are always fly pasts and helicopters dropping in!

Is it possible for the committee to combine my balls up on the Drayton Foot Bridge entry with the notes on the post beneath please?
I did try to sort it out but it was like forgetting my password on my interweb bank account … you have tried too many times … get it wrong again and you will never see your money again!
Well not quite as bad as that…

1 Like

We’ve done as you requested - we think! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first entry for today is pic showing the new Bridge over Dee while standing on the Auld Bridge over Dee just outside Braemar on the A93.
Photo taken today 3/6/22 with Mini 2
Added to Drone Scene: Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Bridge of Dee old and new, near Braemar - Bridges in Scotland

5 Likes

2nd entry of today is “the bridge to nowhere” at the Falls of Garbh Allt found in the Ballochbuie Forest. Story goes that Queen Victoria had the small bridge commissioned only to view the Falls better. The left hand side of the bridge goes nowhere , not even a footpath. As can be seen there is a deep pool just beyond the bridge that peeps can cool off on a hot sunny day (one of 3 we get here).
Pic taken today 3/6/22 using Mini 2.
Also added to Drone Scene: Where can I fly my drone in the UK? - Ballochbuie forest and Falls of Garbh Allt - Bridges in Scotland

8 Likes

Thank you!

Yeh. Went there about 4 Years ago. Great place but unfortunately fell asleep on the tour train :face_with_hand_over_mouth: No reflection on the beautiful gardens, architecture and sculptures, I just had an extremely stressful job that kept me up all night! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Always knackered next day. Thankfully those days are long gone now so might go again. We went to Fradley Junction for the 1st time that day… great place for a bacon sardie on a Sunday :blush:

Taken 2/6/2022 with an Air 2s approx 9:10pm. Minor exposure adjustments made.

12 Likes

Same location as previous but alternate image. 2/6/2022 with an Air 2s approx 9:15pm.

6 Likes

A bumper crop of images this time around with some taking the precise, single image approach to winning the hearts and minds of their fellow contestants, others preferring the scattergun approach. Which ploy is best at garnering votes?

You have until 22:00 on Monday June 6th to decide!

As always you may vote for all (Fifty-three!), some, one or none. And check out and enter the latest RTF competition here

And due to software deficiencies for such a large amount of duplicated pictures we have had to split into two parts - please carry on voting

1 Like

Isn’t there one missing - the pic of the Forth bridges by night ?

We already have votes so the software is not allowing any amendments:

You cannot change a poll after the first 5 minutes.

DJI_0635-4096x2730

So, if you want to vote for this picture send a DM to @Challenges_Committee

2 Likes

Ah - teething problems with the new machine ? :clown_face:

It’s a problem with multiple images of very much the same subject compounded by a PEBKAC and an ID Ten T error.

The new machine is admirable but we are having a few minor challenges as the keyboards and the instruction manuals are in Chinese so we have to send a car for Mr Chang from the local takeaway every time there’s a glitch.And he may have amazing Prawn Balls but his technical skills are very limited.

4 Likes

Put another 50p in the meter

1 Like

or just allow one image per contestant? :grin:

4 Likes

Looks like the rules have changed for the next RTF …