RTF Competition May 7th to 20th - Winners Announced

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Grand Union Canal
09/05/2023 - 10:13 am
DJI Mini 3 Pro
ISO 100 - 0.7ev

4 Likes

Totally agree with you there too! Way back in my camera club days if you submitted a monochrome image (no matter what colour you tinted it) in to a colour competition you’d be turfed out on your ear.

2 Likes

I tend to disagree.

In my defence to the idea I was inquiring about, the example I used was just an example of the process. To use it in the competition I’d still have to find a suitable scene with the colour and then grade it to the final image to suit that scene. There’s more to it than you think without just slapping a colour on an image.

There’s no laziness involved,it was a different approach, thinking outside the box :grin:

Those cooling towers look an initial perfect subject anyhow. :slight_smile:

Cheers Ade👍, yeh they look OK don’t they.

Yeah I think there’s some initial overthinking going on as per usual. Not that there’s really any rules to these RTFs. In photography you have a subject, but it’s rare that the subject takes up the whole frame!!

Cool if you can pull it off, but I don’t think anyone will be withholding votes if its not.

I’m going to have a go, nothing ventured nothing gained.:grin: I won’t be entering it though if I do.

I began with wondering if it would be acceptable, I asked the question, aimed at the people who run the comp. After a lot of the posts which followed, with personal opinions and just jumping on the bandwagon mentality, this isn’t a personal dig at you mate, I feel there will be prejudice against my entry anyway. The look has been deemed ‘wrong’ so that will be influencial in voting not the actual look. :pleading_face:

I love the hobby, I love the process of post, I’m learning as anybody does and it also helps with my mental health, that’s what I get out of it. :grin:

I feel lambasted asking that one question.

Apologies if it came across in a negative elevated opinionated way in regards the RTF.

People’s opinions are whatever they are. It can be difficult to not take stuff personally sometimes, especially if they are written passive aggressive, which most people do but unintentionally, and it’s really difficult to try not to sound it, especially when typing a quick reply. So in hindsight, sorry.

There’s no right or wrong way to enter these RTFs, or even photography as a whole. Most often someone being creative will get a lot of the vote. If we all stuck to ‘the rules’ (except for CAA ones, let’s all stick to those) then we’d have a lot of very boring samey looking pictures.

Do what works for you and gives you the most enjoyment, especially if it helps your mental health and keeps the positive beans flowing.

I’m sure you’re a far better pilot than me and probably better at editing too.

For the most part, ignore what others think, I do. (Unless you’re being a knob or posting offensive material, people should actually pay attention to that feedback and educate themselves, which you aren’t, I’m just generalising at this point that everyone should do what gives them the most enjoyment) Now I’m just waffling.

No need Ade👍. I know exactly what you mean by posting quickly, I do it I know.

And your waffle was put really well, wish I was as good at waffling as you😁

I’ll drawn a line now everyone and let us get on with the topic… :+1:

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Poolfoot Farm, Thornton Cleveleys, 5 a side pitches
19:00 9 May 23, DJI Mini 2

6 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY
Lower Milton Newton Stewart
06:22 12/05/2023
DJI Mini 3 Pro

5 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

CROSBY, SEFTON, MERSEYSIDE
DATE 13/05/23
TIME 06:58
DJI AIR 2S

4 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

This is “Jigger” the face of a 40ft approx Brownhills Miner roundabout sculpture in Brownhills, West Midlands.
The sculpture is actually steel but reflects the sky (on a good day). Obviously a little worse for wear compared to the pictures of it new at the link below.
Taken with mini 3 Pro 14/05/23 at 1430hrs
ISO 100
5 x DNG average -2.7step
1/8000 ss

7 Likes

This is my Entry :grinning:

Manchester Ship Canal

Take 13/05/23 Mini 3 Pro

7 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Long Preston, near Settle
Date - 16/05/23
Time - 0520hrs
DJI mini 3 Pro

6 Likes

I know this island, that must have been a nerve jangling flight!

2 Likes

@firstadekit Actually, I quite enjoyed it Ade, was busy for a Sunday but the weather was good so I decided to take the video after I got the pics. Notwithstanding the latter, I didn’t bother with a DS entry as you intimate it’s not exactly the place to go flying!

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

A field near Claverdon
14th May 18:34
DJI mine 3 pro

5 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

The roof of the BC Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Time and date : (PST)(GMT-8)
Tuesday, 16 May 2023, 22:05
Aircraft/camera used : DJIM2

6 Likes

You certsinly get about a bit! :sweat_smile: