RTF Competiton - September 11 to 24 - Golden Hour - Winners Announced

Only just got round to editing a few photos from earlier in the week; I’ve had better sunsets at Southport Pier/Beach area in Merseyside (location already on Drone Scene), but I think this is probably the best of the batch! So thought it may well be worth an entry?

Taken on the 20th around 19:00 with my Mini 3 Pro, 12mp AEB

6 Likes

Whilst I was out, I also noticed a ferris wheel and flew over to get a few snaps; hopefully, this one will be considered “golden hour” with the fading sunset and evening sky in the background and sufficiently different in subject to qualify as an entry?

Taken again with my Mini 3 Pro at Southport Beach area on the 20th around 19:00.

10 Likes

:wink:

Missile launchers are not usually straight :joy:

Taken last night with a Mini 2.
Its looking across towards Atherstone N.Warks. I’m standing 30m right of the nearest leccy pole in the back garden.
Not adding a drone scene … pesky neighbours and grumpy rescue dog!

By the way crop circles are so yesterday.

2 Likes

Location: Loudoun Hill, East Ayrshire, looking to the hills of Arran on the horizon
Time/Date: 24/09/2022@19:05
Aircraft: DJI Mini3 Pro

I’ve flown here before, but seem not to have added it to Dronescene… so, bonus point please :slight_smile:

Edit: Wait, is there a bonus for a DroneScene entry? I’ve now had too much whisky to understand the rules properly :tumbler_glass:

7 Likes

This is rather pants to be honest, but a broken drone and its replacements test flights kinda scuppered me. This does not effectively illustrate “golden hour” as most would see it, but seeing as that hour is normally described as the hour before sunset or after sunrise I hope it still counts (although rahther pish). Plus I live in not so sunny Scotland, hey, they’re my excuses and I’m sticking to them!

1 Like

We had a great response to the poll for selecting the subject. There have been fewer competitors for this round. Whether it is battle fatigue from competing in the Birthday Challenge or the weather being its usual capricious self and giving little opportunity for finding the right conditions. What we do have, however, is a quality crop of images.

Your task now is to select the cream of that crop.

You may vote for one, all, none or some of the images as potential winners. The poll closes at 22:00 on Monday 26th September 2022 and the winners will be announced shortly after.

And the next round is already underway - you have until October 8th to enter your images of After Rain here

1 Like

@group-challenges

We are pleased to announce the results of your votes for the Golden Hour winners. There were great images from everyone but you picked the best of the bunch! The top three are - in third place is our first time entrant @DroneGeek, it seems you heeded his request to be gentle with him and his shot of Bridgwater in the early morning

A worthy second place was secured by @Crackerjack with the well-kent Morecambe promenade - it seems to feature in a lot of competition entries :slight_smile:

And the image you considered the best was created by @JoeC who is therefore declared the winner of this round of the RTF competition.

Thanks to everyone for participating and here’s hoping that you will get some rain soon to take pictures after :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wow, thanks everybody. That’s made my night, especially given all the really superb entries! Makes it (almost) worth all the blood I donated to the midges to get the shot :wink:

2 Likes

Well done to you matey and the runners up as well as all those who took part in the comp. :clap::clap:

1 Like

Thanks everyone :grin: Lucky to have such sunsets on my doorstep.

Thanks.

Only one e in Bridgwater :wink:

Well done all, worthy winners :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is there a B&Q in Wolverhampton?

No. But there’s two D’s in Dudley.

no idea - I try and avoid the town :joy: :joy:

Try the yellow pages - or ask J R Hartley