RTF Photo and video - Subject suggestions invited!

When I took the picture at the National Memorial Arboretum I took the drone up to height and was framing the shot with the RC. I looked back up and the biggest buzzard in the world was hovering right next it. Took me by surprise and for once I wasn’t recording when I took it up Shame.

1 Like

Suggestion

Art deco

1 Like

I saw the proposal of Squares for next time - how about Triangles too? Or “Regular Polygons” (including things like hexagons, pentagons etc)

1 Like

Good thought there :+1:t2:

Shapes

Everything is a shape

Doubles - 2 of the same

Selfie…?

Naturist beaches to be declared out of bounds :face_in_clouds: :joy: :joy:

Mills,
As in wind, water, silk & so fourth maybe :smiley:

Edit : forget that, didn’t see windmill at the bottom :grimacing::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Rivers that meander and bend
Water towers
Tidal causeways

(I may be fixated on water themes )

Edit: water tower already listed oops

1 Like

We didn’t have any Video’s in the last lot of RTF are they coming back? if they are I would like to suggest a “Dolly ZOOM shot with a drone”

1 Like

Nice idea. How many aircraft will be capable of achieving a dolly zoom - most are fixed focal length although some have digital zoom. Is the dolly effect obtainable in editing?

1 Like

Sunflowers

Quick Google found a couple of examples for various editing tools. :+1:

Not safe for work …

And not a great subject when selected in January, We will put it in the seasonal category

I have done it with DJIM2, DJIM3 and DJIAIR2S, i can’t speak for any other make ,maybe someone else could comment

We will have a look at this and maybe even try for ourselves bow the pace of challenges and competitions has slowed somewhat. And certainly investigate doing it in the edit.

Could you perhaps share some of your techniques here?

It’s simple in theory…
Either fly towards the subject while zooming out or away from the subject while zooming in. Trying to keep the flight speed and the zoom speed the same.

It takes a bit of co-ordination but after awhile you get the hang of it.

We are aware of how to do a dolly zoom, it has been around since Hitchcock’s Vertigo and is famously used in Jaws. But we wondered how people without optical or digital zoom would achieve that effect …

Ah, fair enough :grin: