RTF PHOTO COMPETITION - OPEN - 01/11 to 14/11 - LONE TREE

Last couple of hours folks

1 Like

I’m sure there will be some fantastic night shots mate. Will be an interesting subject this one :+1:t2:

Took this one yesterday evening twilight at the same time as my entry for competition with 8 second shutter speed and it looks like full daylight :grin:

2 Likes

Bloody hell I was cutting that fine :grimacing: lol I thought it was later than that :grin:

1 Like

Mine does as well pal lol :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

One question ? To this competition can you retouch the photo quality by using software or just genuine images because there’s alot of images that are using software enhancement. And in all fairness not everyone might not have that advantage. So its just a query. :grin:

3 Likes

It’s not really competitive. Just a nudge to get people out flying I think. So we’ve got a purpose and find a bit of fun in life.
I haven’t got a clue about enhancements :+1: And so my videos look like sh@t :laughing:

4 Likes

As Karl says its more all about the reason to get out and about and capture the topic. Editing isn’t to everyone’s tastes and most people prefer the untouched editions.

2 Likes

Hey David you are allowed to edit your photo (adjust colour/contrast/exposure etc but you are not allowed to paste anything into or remove anything from the image. As Karl said its more a bit of fun and a reason to get out flying each week :grinning:
Most people on here have a smartphone or tablet and can use Snapseed (free editing app which I use myself) or similar to edit their photos. You don’t have to have a Supercomputer with hundreds or thousands of pounds of professional software :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

From the rules:

• Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Unfortunately any competition is not a level playing field. Some people will use a simple editor like Snapseed on a tablet. make simple and subtle adjustments and make a stunning photo just a touch better. Others may throw all the filters available at a sub-par image and end up with a right dog’s breakfast - in my biased, bitter and no-way-humble opinion

Some may use a £150 Eachine drone, others an Inspire 2 with an X7 or a heavylift with a full-frame DSLR. Kit will always vary.

It isn’t the kit or the editor that makes the image. It’s the creativity and skill of the drone pilot / photographer.

2 Likes

I’m just asking so I know and thats fine im just making sure of what I can and can’t do .
And do appreciate that it’s fun . :blush:

2 Likes

You’d better not beat me Dave. I’ve tried really hard this time to come last

3 Likes

VOTING TIME PEOPLE

So many great entries for this topic, thank you for all your efforts.
If you all would please vote as always for your favorite. Voting closes on Friday 20th November.

1 Like

@milkmanchris Absolutely no effort in your image whatsoever :laughing:
You’ve basically plonked your drone up, snapped a pic and said “that’ll do”

2 Likes

Barrie - my apologies. I’ve been stuck in Hemel Hempstead for two weeks, filming on the Ashridge Estate (Dockey Wood, Ringshall). I went out last Saturday to find a tree and came across a great subject on land belonging to either Roman Farm or Corner Farm in Nettleden. I’ve just seen the subjects lined up for voting and realised that I’ve unintentionally nicked your subject.

It’s a lovely tree, everyone and I’ve put it on Dronescene - but VOTE FOR BARRIE’S VERSION not mine!

3 Likes

yZWlDC6uNjyWQ

Well I wasn’t voting for yours anyway Rob :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and even if I was considering it if definitely wouldn’t now. :triumph::joy:

4 Likes

Been looking at those images for a week and still didn’t twig that they were the same bloody tree :rofl:

1 Like

Ain’t against the rules…

2 Likes

Most certainly isn’t your right, ill leaf it there. :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah, I thought I’d do a post looking like I was all noble and gracious in competition but really I just wanted to point out that Barrie’s picture is excellent but mine goes round and round.

3 Likes

It might LOOK like a lone tree from all these worthy winners, but from the other side, it may be on the edge of a forest. My video proves it is alone, therefore is the only viable entry.
I thank you all :+1: :+1:

2 Likes