RTF Photo Competition OPEN - 04/10 to to 17/10 - A MONUMENT

Sun and showers today but got the challenge done.

Memorial at Hemel Hempstead

4 Likes

Don’t forget the bonus points if you add it to Dronescene! :slight_smile:

A dronecode compliant place looks a bit iffy here! :laughing:

1 Like

As will my spot be tomorrow, if I get time…

Sorry, couldn’t hear what you were saying. Something about keeping within the law? Excellent. Enjoy your flight(s) :slight_smile:

:smirk: :joy:

Quick question… can we add National Trust land as a location to fly on the dronescene map? And if so what do you put as permissions required?

Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded three bonus votes.

(My italics)

Them’s the rules!

Please refresh my memory. What does the Drone Code say about using National Trust land?

Thought so.

If it were me I would consult the definitive rights of way map for the relevant county (easily found on the net) to see what footpaths, bridleways or byways open to all traffic may cross the land. I may also choose a time when the NT attraction may be closed to the public or a location well away from where people and NT staff gather.

(Granny, you suck this end of the egg …)

As for what to add to Dronescene - I’ve done it. Stonehenge

Or just put “landowner permission required”

But this is a hypothetical exercise, surely. I cannot imagine anyone being so anti-social as to overfly land held by the National Trust whose aim should be to manage land and property donated to the nation for the enjoyment of all

5 Likes

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!

If you could all spare a minute from your relentless pursuit of monuments and the mammoth task of selecting, enhancing and editing the resulting videos and photos we need you to vote for the subject for the next competition.

This will be the THIRD in the Unofficial GADC Reason To Fly series. How time (and drones) fly when you’re having fun! It will run from October 18 to October 31 - Halloween!

The subjects to choose from are::

VOTE BELOW

• landscape-sea-coast-water-nature-rock-771543-pxhere.com
  • river-2868937_1280
  • article-1262588-08F11069000005DC-22_964x487
0 voters

THAT IS ALL! BACK TO WORK ON THE CURRENT COMPETITION PLEASE! :1st_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal:

3 Likes

Just a thought - if polling isn’t taking place till after the closing date, is it possible to enter another photo or video to replace an earlier entry before the close of play?

1 Like

As it says in the rules

For more information please re-read this post …

And I have just re-read 'em. No mention of substitution being disallowed … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ashton memorial in Williamson park Lancaster this morning.
met another flyer there from Blackpool, not a member on here yet but hopefully he will join.

one of the other drone.

added to drone scene

7 Likes

Great job Steve! Which one of your many drones did you use for this shot?

Mavic 2 Pro. No filter. Shot in RAW.

1 Like

Nicely done. I really like that sun flare :heart_eyes: that monument has great architecture too, its almost like a mini St Paul’s Cathedral

1 Like

Bodiam Castle East Sussex (National Trust) taken at sunrise yesterday morning

Added to Dronescene

14 Likes

I refer the gentleman to my original statement:

For such rash and intemperate behaviour we have no choice but to award you a McMac A-S TINTA badge:

kisspng-badge-police-officer-clip-art-blank-badge-cliparts-5a848500b5ac13.0279545015186342407441

:+1: :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That being said… To be fair @SirGunner this is an absolutly stunning image!

2 Likes

Thanks @macspite I shall wear it with pride :smirk:

1 Like

Cheers @TonyDM was a bloody early start but was a beautiful morning so well worth the effort dragging my backside out of bed :grin:

1 Like