Scotland Meetup?

I am planning on going up to Scotland for a few days this summer. I have nothing set in stone yet, so I’ll keep an eye on when and where you want to meet up

Think its time to start looking at locations and dates. I’ll do some googling and research over the weekend. If any of the other Scottish contingent have any ideas please feel free to chip in

3 Likes

Today I am going to meet the chairman of

Kinross Model Flying Club

with a view to using their facilities for a Scottish meet. They already let out their land to Fife FPV Racing Club once a month for their competitions as it helps bring funds into their club and also attracts new members for themselves.
I have had a quick chat with one of their members/admin team, Mike, who says the general consensus among the committee is favourable.
Now I know it’s not in the highlands, but it’s easy to get to, and more importantly, the vast majority of Scotland is within a 1.5 to 2 hour drive for those that wanted to get out for some photography and video. It also has the facilities required, which is obviously quite important.
They fly all manner of aircraft from drones to planes, helicopters and even the occasional jet!!!
I’m looking forwards to going just to see them flying and may even end up becoming a member :grin:

3 Likes

Oh well, that ones out the window. They’re too busy at weekends.

quote : square sausage

edible beer mat

I wouldn’t say edible!