Sky writing

For you DJI types I would imagine a suitably planned Litchi fight would make a good job of it. :thinking:

As has already been proven, above … Sky writing - #7 by OzoneVibe

Bugger, I did a search but never searched the obvious “sky writing” !!!

Gotta be freehand though :wink:

Heard so much about Litchi lately I started googling to see what it is all about and what it can do and came across this. Has anyone tried this long exposure light drawing with Litchi/drone? It looks great but too complicated for me at the moment but I could reaplly see me trying this in the future :star_struck:

Moved your post to this thread that recently mentioned this.

1 Like

Ah thanks Dave. I did search for light drawing and light painting and nothing came up. Didnt think to search sky writing. So is this something you have tried yourself? Do you have any pics? I think this looks like great fun to try :grin:

Not with lights, as yet.

I have the Cerne Giant already planned in Litchi, and have flown it at low level to check it out, but lock-down and summer (and living inside an FRZ), mean I’ve not tried higher against the sky with my LumeCube lights.
Winter and dark nights are approaching - so hopefully soon. (Lockdown-2 permitting.)

The Cerne Giant is an 8 minute flight (I might be able to fly it faster/smaller), so need a dark clear starry sky against which to fly and and get the star trails as a backdrop (like in the cube, above).
That’s the plan, at least.

Shapes, like the cube, need me to trawl through my memory by 50+ years, and retrieve my non-Euclidean Geometry (or use 3D software :wink: ), work out the apex coordinates relative to a starting point, and then convert them to a combination of lat/lon/height to add into Litchi as way-points.

1 Like

I bet that will look amazing when you get around to doing it. Looks like alot of work goes into making these kind of shots so I’m sure it will be very satisfying too! Look forward to seeing them when you do it :+1:t2:

Drone light painting using litchi :scream:

Gunna give it a go @McSteamy2010 ? :grin:

1 Like

I’m tempted mate, Looking into it now :joy:

Look forward to seeing the results, Tor is screaming for GADC to be written above it! :rofl:

Surely that would be worth of a place on the Order of Merit Board

IF you pull it off :rofl:

Only if it’s on the handwriting of a committee member. :+1: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bird planning…

1 Like

To get one like in the pic above, you need to have all the points in a vertical plane … which will appear as a straight line in Litchi.
I spent hours trying to convert the Cerne Giant into a vertical one … and gave up after too many days trying.

2 Likes

Steve, if you want to borrow this emoji just shout:

:exploding_head:

If you wanted to keep/use the time invested so far you could still create a light drawing using what you have there and just film it from above with another drone looking directly down.

You’ll only see the field underneath it naturally in 2D rather than 3D I guess but it might create an interesting picture nonetheless (or a interesting hyper/timelapse video of it being “drawn”?) :slight_smile:

You might want to start a new thread too :blush:

That’s so/too easy. No challenge. Where’s the fun. Done that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is one … somewhere.

1 Like